cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to an Area Without Coverage

kgrant1
I've been around

I have a Rogers wireless plan with I think just over a year left but I'm moving from Southern Ontario to a community in north Nunavut where the Rogers coverage is almost non-existent. Is there language in Rogers contracts to cancel my service and give my phone back without penalty in a situation like this?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving to an Area Without Coverage

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrant1 wrote:

Is there language in Rogers contracts to cancel my service and give my phone back without penalty in a situation like this?

No, the reason for the contract termination doesn't matter from a contractual standpoint.  You will have to pay whatever is owing according to the contract, which you should have/know.  When you call them to cancel they may have some compassion and provide some "discount" but they don't have to by contract. It may also depend on how near you are to the beginning or end of the contract.  This is one of the costs of your moving...

Once you pay for your phone, you should be able to use it at your new location with your new provider.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Moving to an Area Without Coverage

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrant1 wrote:

Is there language in Rogers contracts to cancel my service and give my phone back without penalty in a situation like this?

No, the reason for the contract termination doesn't matter from a contractual standpoint.  You will have to pay whatever is owing according to the contract, which you should have/know.  When you call them to cancel they may have some compassion and provide some "discount" but they don't have to by contract. It may also depend on how near you are to the beginning or end of the contract.  This is one of the costs of your moving...

Once you pay for your phone, you should be able to use it at your new location with your new provider.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation