cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISLEADED- Taxes and Setup Fee

Dilshan_Clov
I've been around

I bought an iPhone 14 Pro 256 GB while I was onboard for the Infinite Plan. Got it from the store in New West, where the sales person gave me a FREE sim to share data if I have another device. Now I received an absurd bill of 191.62 dollars after I pay $315 in advance for the plan when I still had a credit score of over 740. Take a look at below how they mislead with finance taxes, listed phone price, and set up fees.

A

Tablet plan financing $50 with the tax $56

I don’t want this I didn’t asked for this, the sales guy gave it for FREE and now you guys charge $50 for it?

Get it OFF

……………….

B

Taxes for financed amount? What is the percentage, 12% or 25%

THAT’s 13% extra

The sales representative specifically mentioned that it’s 12% when I asked whether it is 12%

I pay $80 (for the extra 13% of tax interest) and $44 (refer FYI below) more for the phone compared to the Apple Store price- TOTAL- $124 (I pay this amount in extra despite the ‘$300’ discount I am getting, which is actually $176 to be exact)

……………….

FYI

Apple price- 1549 (+ 185.88 tax, which is 12%)

Even if we finance still it is 12% (pay the 185 tax and then 64.54 x 24)

Rogers price- 1593= $44 difference 

Check https://www.apple.com/ca

…………

C

Finance discount $12.5 the tax for this is 12%??? What nonsense is this. You guys give a discount and charge less interest for that while we pay double interest for our instalment. The finance discount should carry the same interest/tax rates. Top of all it is absurd to charge 13% extra, such misleading of false advertising is unacceptable. 

Once thing was calculated accurately the- Down payment 315 + 12%  

………………

D

Please take my automated payment off from my portal, I can’t trust the system or Rogers again. 

……….

If the above can’t be rectified I need to cancel all my plans and return the device. 

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: MISLEADED- Taxes and Setup Fee

RogersZia

Good evening @Dilshan_Clov,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for the detailed post. It certainly helps us understand your concerns. 

1) A free tablet could mean a 100% discount on the monthly service fee of the tablet. However a one-time Setup Service Fee is charged to set up your device and related services. 

2) Taxes are charged on the full retail price of the device and are financed in equal monthly payments over your financing term.

3) You can update the method of payment via self-service on your MyRogers profile. Please click here to learn more. 

4) To review your services and go through the charges we would need to access your account. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation