cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal Customer for 42 years, and today a 51% billing increase

RRF1
I plan to stick around

I have been a loyal customer since the early '80"s, and today I get a 51% increase in my bill !!!

It was bad enough last year when forced to switch to Ignite...due to techs no longer trained to diagnose Digital Cable issues...and Rogers removed all the US networks (Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS) with no notification. Before that, Rogers removed FOX Racing from my service...again with no notification or compensation.

Additionally, all week I have been receiving calls from "RogersFIDO" since cancelling my Mobile service, but there is never anyone on the line when I answer.

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Loyal Customer for 42 years, and today a 51% billing increase

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Beware of those "RogersFIDO" calls.  I have been getting those too, from a 1-833 number that I did not recognize.  I reported it to @CommunityHelps and they confirmed that it was not a number that belonged to Rogers or FIDO.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RRF1, was it an actual bill increase of 51% or did your promotions expire and you are paying the regular rate for your plan? please clarify this to avoid confusion.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Yes my "promotion" ended. The so called "promotion" was for switching to Ignite...but they removed the US networks when I switched without any notification and I had to pay extra for a second STB. So I was paying more for less service.

The current offer would be a 31% increase over my last month's bill.

If I do not take the offer, it is a 60% increase !!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation