cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing a long time customer over $50

JB3736
I've been here awhile

I wanted to voice my disappointment with the abysmal customer service I received today via FOUR different agents. I contacted Rogers after being told I have $50 in data overages this month, as my home internet has been in and out of service so often I had to tether my work from home laptop to my phone. I purchased a $25 data add-on, and was told that doesn’t cover the overage. So they’ll be adding $75 to my bill.

After spending two hours on chat (one chat got disconnected), and finally reaching a promo/compromise, I was told that the agents hadn’t bothered to check which service I have, and that the promo wasn’t applicable. They had been willing to reverse the overage but told me it now had to be handled by another department.

I got a callback from the other department after two more hours, and after explaining everything to them, they said I probably should go with the other internet provider. And there was no way to credit me for the overage on my phone, unless they completely changed my plan. Then they realized I STILL wasn’t speaking with the correct department. If you can believe it, it took them 15 minutes to find the right number.

The last agent basically told me how to cancel and that if I do so, I won’t be able to ever get this internet service at my address in the future.

To be honest, if my $50 overage had been credited, I would’ve stayed with Rogers to avoid the switching hassles and would have kept paying the $300 a month I currently spend on two cells and internet service.

But now, after those interactions, I’ll be switching ALL of my services, out of principle.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Losing a long time customer over $50

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Should you stay or should you go? If you are willing to suffer through your unstable Internet problem, and see if it can be fixed, so you can avoid having to pay overage fees, and then trying to get your money back (which is also what I would do), then I would suggest you stay. But if you were to switch to another provider, you might end up with a more reliable service, and thus be glad that you abandoned ship.

Right now, you are too frustrated to realize that you already won ... as soon as that agent attempted to give you a promo (as a compromise). Why was that done? It was done because that agent liked your argument enough to attempt creative bookkeeping to trick the billing system into doing the right thing. By the way, just because other agents told you that it didn't work, doesn't mean you won't see it magically appear within two billing cycles from now. But let's assume that the promo will fail. So now what? The fun part of contacting the Office of the President.

Why is it the fun part? Because you already want to leave, and this last step is only necessary to complete your exit with a much more satisfying conclusion. Simply because if somebody with more power to help you, can't come up with a creative billing trick to credit you properly, then Rogers doesn't deserve your business.

However, I'm going to assume that any Office of the President agent that you speak to, will be able to fix the billing issue for you (perhaps with the help of a creative billing agent).

I've always been lucky enough to eventually get my billing issues fixed creatively by regular billing agents, but one time, a very creative Office of the President agent figured out a way to save me money every month, so that it helped me overlook the bad service and extra calls I had to make each week to try to get the Sports pack games turned on, or fixed.

The Rogers billing system has a mind of its own. Just when I think I've seen everything, something pops up (often in my favour), that baffles me, and often makes no sense ... Which is often because the billing agents have made multiple creative attempts to fix an error for me, just in case their first attempt is later rejected by the billing system.

Rather than call Rogers to ask for an agent or supervisor to setup an Office if the President agent to contact you, you can simply scroll down to the bottom of any page to "Contact Us" then when you arrive on the next page, scroll down near the bottom of that page to Share a Concern" and click it. Enter a summary of your post, and wait for a response.

Good luck, but if you get rejected, it's a much more satisfying kind of failure since you reached for the stars before you crashed and burned.

Re: Losing a long time customer over $50

JB3736
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the reply! If there are any solutions they’re yet willing to offer, I’d be open to them.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation