cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewise Device Protection

Gsj
I've been around

I lost my phone on 26th of December and went to Rogers retail store to file a service request.
I explained them the whole issue. And what happened next is that the claim was rejected after a day without any solid basis of rejection.

Basis of rejection was - There was no outbound usage of phone on that day.

But what my bill is stating is that there were numerous calls on that day which were outbound.
So the fake reason for rejecting the case is my concern and one more thing the company is not willing to take any proofs for this service request.
They are simply rejecting for no concrete reason.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Likewise Device Protection

RogersMaude

Good day @Gsj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We're sorry to hear your Likewize service request is not going smoothly.

Rogers Customer Care center does not have control over the Device Protection decisions taken by Likewize, unfortunately.

Have you tried escalating this matter to the attention of their Management Office?

You can reach them at 1-855-877-3887. Their hours of operations are:

• Mon – Fri: 8am - Midnight ET
  • Sat & Sun: 8am - 10pm ET

We hope they'll be able to help you find and reach a satisfactory resolution!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersMaude

Good day @Gsj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We're sorry to hear your Likewize service request is not going smoothly.

Rogers Customer Care center does not have control over the Device Protection decisions taken by Likewize, unfortunately.

Have you tried escalating this matter to the attention of their Management Office?

You can reach them at 1-855-877-3887. Their hours of operations are:

• Mon – Fri: 8am - Midnight ET
  • Sat & Sun: 8am - 10pm ET

We hope they'll be able to help you find and reach a satisfactory resolution!

RogersMaude

I had an issues.  The phone went to the service center.  The service center gave me the phone back because it was "not repairable", and said they had let Likewise know and I would get another phone in the mail. I waited 6 weeks maybe 12.  No phone.  I went back to the service center, called Likewise while I was there and they told me I needed to "go to the service center to pick up my phone".  The service center and Likewise were not on the same page. I finally got likewise to let go of their delusions and they agreed to replace the phone, They said, "would I please send the broken phone back to them?" I told them,  "I had that phone on my desk for week's but it had been disposed of by now. "  The answer was "no old phone, no new phone."  The service center had opened the phone and gaven it back to me in pieces.  The had documented it was not serviceable.   I called Rogers and got the "we don't control Likewise policy" line.  I escalated within Likewise with no result.  I contacted Rogers "Line of the president".  Same noise (but the line of the president was understanding, and offered me a credit to my account.) I then went to see my rep at the Rogers store. He came up with a way to remake the claim in another way.  (If I told you what he did, he might end up living in Russia next door to Snowdon. LOL  That worked. Very smart guy.)  I agree that Likewise is not interested in providing a valuable service to Rogers customers.  I understand that Likewise provides this same insurance to many Cell phone service providers.  Rogers seems to have very little choice in who provides insurance.  The cell providers need to require a binding arbitration advocacy service for customer with disputes made of representatives from multiple cell providers. Customers should be allowed to refer to this body for a ruling.  If this body starts hearing thousands of claims that they decide are legitimate, then Likewise would be "wise" to do "likewise" and change their internal policies. Rogers is not the bad guy, the industry has a parasite that needs a competitor. 

Dan V **Keep personal info private**

KikiMaiden1
I've been here awhile

Giving me the same run around, said claim was accepted took a processing fee of $349 dollars said phone being sent, received UPS tracking number, then said phone was attempted to be delivered and refused by us...NEVER happened never showed up. Then they decided to decline the claim the claim was rejected after it supposedly shipped out -without any solid basis of rejection, after they sent it out and gave me a tracking number etc. SCAMMERS

KikiMaiden1
I've been here awhile

NO they have not been helpful despite multiple attempts to rectify matter. This is simply a buck passing policy! Rogers, take the money then denies having any kind of accountability for the services offered by the 3rd party agent, despite the fact that Rogers endorses and promotes the services  offered! Definitely will be seeking further investigation into the practices of this Rogers endorsed 3rd party agents policy and contracts. Clearly they arbitrarily reviews and are scrutinizing with a soul basis for denial of a claim, without solid basis for doing so.  Avoiding payout to customers who have payed into their policy;  holding them selves as the last word, with no means to adjudicate the decision process! This causes undue hardship on any Rogers customer wrongfully denied, and shame on Rogers for not caring about their customers in any way, feeding them to the hunger insurance wolves. You own blogging forum details several cases of mistreatment by a 3rd party agency that you continue to endorse, in your sales and promotion packages!  Will be seeking further course of action through regulatory bodies. Respectfully to the Rogers moderator, your "pass the buck statement" is yet another slap in the face to your customers. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

It's probably going to take a CBC Marketplace have investigation (or something similar), to properly expose Fraudwize (or whatever they call themselves this month), so that Rogers and the other companies stop using this poorly managed and proudly corrupt company from at least operating in Canada.

They might have such a limited number of working replacement phones and simcards, that they simply blame the customer, so that it's impossible to prove that they are too big, to properly service their Canadian customers.

Wake up Rogers ... Likewize is a house of cards that keeps reshuffling the deck, so that you can keep pretending that there's nothing fraudulent going on ... until the fraud is finally exposed for all to see. 🚨🚧

Hey, I am in similar mess right now. i have paid deductible and they gave me Tracking number. now they says that phone is with UPS. while UPS is saying they haven't received anything from sender. it been front and back from past couple of days. What should i do?

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

Did anyone reach out to the media? 

So I lost my phone 3 days back, It was in the commune auto and I don't keep my sim card in the phone all the time(i switch it back and forth from my work phone to my normal phone) and it got lost, they rejected the service request because after it got dead i remove the sim to use in my other phone (within 30 mins of loosing my phone) and they said they are rejecting my claim because of that.
It just soo strange first of all that i have to wait couple of days just go talk to the representative and after that they submit new ticket and again have to wait for the couple of days.
like I lost my phone and i need it for my work, I am loosing money, I will complain in police if this goes like this, because this isn't what they advertised which giving the Protection out.
PLEASE DON'T GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO LIKEWISE

_Sk_
I've been around
Hey, am suffering from the same reason, I lost my phone, claimed it and they rejected it...am trying to call them,
....is that means am not gonna get replacement if it's rejected???
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 in conversation