cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue trying to upgrade phone online

Betyy
I've been around

Every time I try to complete my upgrade online it tells me that something went wrong and gives me the option to chat, but nobody is available through chat or on the phone because of the holiday. Just wondering why I can’t complete the upgrade myself online

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issue trying to upgrade phone online

theClubHopper
I'm a senior contributor

I've been experiencing the same error message, for days, when trying to accept & review my account's Special Offer For You, or adding a bundle to my cart from the main website. And even worse, when I then tried to upgrade our tv/internet plan via the online chat system (which unlike you, I've had no problem using, other than disconnects well into conversations, which is nothing new), multiple human representatives were unable to complete my order because of a technical issue that they apparently weren't previously aware of - they said there was an error accepting the account holder birthdate confirmation form data.

They told me they have put in a ticket in their system to get it looked into, saying to me to "try again in 48 hours".

That's a nuisance not only because of the 4 hours wasted in chat yesterday, but because my current term ends on January 1, and with the need for new hardware for the upgrade, it's likely not going to arrive/be installed until after the term ends, meaning we're going to be in extortionate "regular pricing" territory for the start of the next billing cycle.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Happy Holidays @Betyy, @theClubHopper, 👋

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've both run into! Upgrading to a new device should be a rather exciting time. @Betyy, Has the issue been resolved since you last posted? If not, I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

Are you trying to complete the upgrade via a desktop/laptop or on your wireless device?

In the event that you are attempting to do so on your wireless device, have you tried deleting the app and re-installing?

If the issue is on a computer, have you tried to clear your cache?

Have you tried a different browser?

There are a plethora of ways to connect with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even directly via our Community Forums. You can find all the ways to connect with us listed here.

@theClubHopper, I'm saddened to hear what transpired. This is most certainly not the type of experience we want you to be having. 😥 In the event that the ticket is not resolved, we'd be more than happy to have a gander for you. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RogersJo 

theClubHopper
I'm a senior contributor
Thanks for the offer. A callback has been promised by end of tomorrow and hopefully they'll have good news.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation