cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet canclation fee for unstable connection!

Aliafzali1985
I've been around

I had internet with Fido, but the connection was unstable. After a few calls, they were not able to fix the problem, so they switch my account to Rogers, and told me it would fix the problem.

When the Rogers technician came for installation, we noticed there were cable issues in my area. He suggested replacing the cable from the main hub to my home and submitted a ticket to fix the main cable as well. However, the main cable was not fixed, and I continued to experience problems.

So, I decided to switch to another provider with stable internet and called Rogers for cancellation. They did not mention anything about a contract when I called for cancellation, and they were unable to provide me with stable internet. However, I then noticed they charged me $225.28 for cancellation. I never wanted to switch to Rogers and have a contract, but Fido forced me to do this!
I called customer service, but they did not dismiss the charge. Rogers scaming me with a unstable service and a contract that nobody explained about it!

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Internet canclation fee for unstable connection!

RogersMoin

Hello, @Aliafzali1985.

Thank you for sharing your recent service experience; it's saddening to learn that you have switched to a different provider.

It's disappointing that you felt forced to switch from Fido to Rogers; while it's true we are offering migration to the Rogers Ignite platform, there is never a force. The service change emails you received clearly outline the term details and early cancellation charges. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the contract terms and the cancellation charges. We appreciate your feedback.

I recommend contacting our loyalty team at 1 855 201-9547 for further assistance.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation