cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a tablet and recently asked for my line to be updated to allow 5G... device still only uses LTE+...

t3rry12
I've been here awhile

Hey all, i have a tablet plan, it previously was a "network access plan" and i was only connecting to LTE+, meanwhile another line on the same account was a "tablet access plan" was able to connect on 5g. I contacted support and asked them to change the plan to allow for 5g connectivity. they updated the plan to a "watch plan" which in the description it says it is 5G/5G+ compatible, but i still can only get LTE+ on this line, I checked the power saving and data saving and both are disabled, I use a different sim in the same device and get 5G no problem.... I am not really sure now what is happening or what the next steps are.

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have a tablet and recently asked for my line to be updated to allow 5G... device still only...

RogersMoin

Hello, @t3rry12.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your post. Despite the plan change, one of your tablets not connecting to 5G is puzzling.  

I understand when you switch the SIM, you can connect to  5G on this tablet. Can you try this tablet's SIM on the other tablet? This test will confirm if the issue is plan-related.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Re: I have a tablet and recently asked for my line to be updated to allow 5G... device still only uses LTE+...

t3rry12
I've been here awhile

Finally travelled the 45 minutes one way to a store to force them to straighten it out, as expected, there was some issue with the plan, finally got them to switch it to the proper plan and it's working fine now.

Absolutely ridicilous that it took 3 online chat sessions and 2 store visits to finally have it resolved. Sheer incompitence.

Re: I have a tablet and recently asked for my line to be updated to allow 5G... device still only...

t3rry12
I've been here awhile

i dont know how that's going to work on an e-sim....

Hello, @t3rry12

I apologize for the oversight; I didn't realize you were using eSIMs on your tablets. I appreciate you updating the Community, and it's good to know that a colleague from a Store could help resolve the issue. I appreciate your patience. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation