cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Obtain a Bill History for Previous Years.

Sw19
I've been around

Please advise how I can obtain past bills from 2017,2018 & 2019?
Thanks

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Obtain a Bill History for Previous Years.

RogersZia

Good evening @Sw19,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

If you're looking to get invoices older than 18 months, you will need to get in touch with us. MyRogers only contains invoices  up to 18 months of your billing history.

Please reach out to us via private message @CommunityHelps for further assistance. We should be able to provide you with older invoices. Just as an FYI there is a $20 charge per reprint. Click on the hyperlink to learn more about How To Send A Private Message.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

RogersZia

Good evening @Sw19,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

If you're looking to get invoices older than 18 months, you will need to get in touch with us. MyRogers only contains invoices  up to 18 months of your billing history.

Please reach out to us via private message @CommunityHelps for further assistance. We should be able to provide you with older invoices. Just as an FYI there is a $20 charge per reprint. Click on the hyperlink to learn more about How To Send A Private Message.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

fjiwa
I've been around

Hi, in response to a request by the CRA, I am looking for copies of my old bills but the folks that I have contacted thus far have not been able to help. What do you suggest?

Hello, @fjiwa.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to our Community!

It's disappointing that support couldn't help reprint your old bills. How far back are you looking to reprint your bills? 

We can try again to retrieve/reprint your old bills. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Jilltrainor
I've been around

Why do you have to pay $20 to see your bills older than 18 months?  Maybe should have stayed with paper bills.  I find your online billing vague and difficult to find information.

Greetings @Jilltrainor!

We allow our customers to be able to see the past 18 months of their bills. I would highly recommend that you save a .pdf and create an archive of your bills before they are no longer available so as to avoid paying any reprint fees if you do so happen to need bills older than 18 months in the future.

Regards,

RogersCorey

LuckySean
I've been here awhile
The fact that you have to pay $20 a month to access your own personal billing information for anything past 18 months is deplorable. It should be illegal and I will now start lobbying to make it illegal.

LuckySean
I've been here awhile
You can contact Rogers privacy office privacy@rci.rogers.com and request those older digital bills at no charge. They have 30 days to respond with your request. I did this personally and it works. Hope this helps someone in need.

@Jilltrainor wrote:

Why do you have to pay $20 to see your bills older than 18 months?  Maybe should have stayed with paper bills.  I find your online billing vague and difficult to find information.

I can totally understand how frustrating this must be.  I also had an issue in the past with needing to obtain a copy of my previous bills.

I really love paper invoices and how simple life was when everything was paper.  They always say how easy and convenient electronic billing is, however they do not tell you, that you actually have to do some work every month to down load and save the PDF files other wise they will be inaccessible after a certain time.

Maybe they should better educate people on how to do this more often. anyways best of luck getting your invoices

LuckySean
I've been here awhile

It's a conscious choice to not allow viewing of bills older than 18 months. Legally they need to provide digital copies if requested at no cost, they can only justify a charge however if they are printed. Unfortunately, customer service is unaware of this and you need to go through their privacy office as directed by the privacy commission if you contact them. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All of this can be solved by simply educating each customer about how  to download your bills.

I find people assume the bill gets emailed to them every month. WRONG.  All they get is a NOTICE the bill is available in their email, not the actual bill, but we live in such a fast paced environment people do not have time to log in every month and download each pdf from every online provider they deal with as it adds up over time and is time consuming.

Some times people do not get around to things until a year has passed by or even longer and in some cases that could mean some prior invoices on the system are no longer available to be downloaded.

lets educate everyone about this please

Your post is VERY helpful!  Thank you.

I just finished chatting with support and they told me it would cost $20/bill.  I need everything back to 2016 - so that would have been about $1500 which is completely ridiculous!

Can I ask what did you put in your e-mail to the privacy office?  Did you just request digital copies of the bills - or did you also request other stuff?  Do you need any special justification - or just a simple request for them?

LuckySean
I've been here awhile
My account number, the length of time of bills, the fact you only need digital and that you spoke to the privacy commission and they referred to you that email address.

Great customer service, holding OUR PAYMENT RECORDS HOSTAGE

Wait
wait a minute I'm I readying this Properly. Are you actually telling us that we need to pay to get an old bill? Just send it through email. Obviously if you are a customer you already have our email on file.

@SteffieBedard19 : E-mail is not a secure form of communication, so Rogers will not send you your old bills that way, since they contain confidential information.  You'll notice that when you get an e-mail saying that your bill is ready, you need to login to MyRogers to see it.  It's the same for your gas or electricity bills or bank statements, etc.  They will not be e-mailed.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as I know only Enbridge sends the bill directly as an email attachment, every other utility or company sends you a notice and you must  login and download it which is a secure way since it protects your privacy much better than an email attachment

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:  As far as I know only Enbridge sends the bill directly as an email attachment, 

They don't for me - only the balance.  I need to login to the website to see my complete bill.

As for Rogers charging for old bills, it's not the fact that it's mailed or e-mailed, but rather that it takes someone, who is paid by Rogers, to find the applicable bill(s) and send them to you.  This costs money.

As mentioned earlier in this and other similar threads, if you think you may require an old bill, even if only for reference purposes, make it a habit to download the bill each month and store it on your computer (as I do) (or other device), or print it if you prefer.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 12 in conversation