cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 20g bonus data offer, called in if take 20g data, lost plan discount

Duynguyen
I've been here awhile

I was offer free 20g data as a holiday bonus. For 24 month. Called in on other topic about changing plan if discount from previous plan follow (it’s did said plus applicable discount and taxes). So I was under the assumption my discount might follow and taxes. Which not the case.

Decide to tell the agent I wanted the 20g free on the house for 24hour. Was told I will lose my discount if I take the bonus 20g offer.

What kinda free offer if you lose your discount for taking the free offer. Gotta be careful accepting offer. So I left my account as is.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Got 20g bonus data offer, called in if take 20g data, lost plan discount

RogersMoin

Hello, @Duynguyen.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community!

The data bonus offer can be valuable if you use up your plan's data bucket. These offers are tagged to a specific line. Like you may have multiple lines but it's only tagged to a particular line. The offer may drop if you were to change your plan. However, your existing discount will not drop.

Based on your post, it seems like you tried changing the plan, voiding the data bonus offer. The discount from your old plan will not follow the new plan. There may be new offers on the new plan incompatible with the old discounts.

If you haven't changed your plan, you can log in to your online MyRogers portal, Overview tab, scroll down to see the exclusive offer, and click on it to apply the data bonus to your line.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Re: Got 20g bonus data offer, called in if take 20g data, lost plan discount

Duynguyen
I've been here awhile
Yeah. My first talk with the agent is with my offer to change my plan. So my loyalty discount won’t followe. So I declined the new plan offered. I was happy with my monthly payment.

Then I ask the agent , “ you also offer me free 20g for each of my plan. Can I take that offer for the free 20g for each of those plan for 24 month.” That agent told me if I take that offer I will also lose my discount as well.

My conversation was record on Thursday with the agent.

From what you are saying and the agent telling me on the phone. There is seem to be some training issue going on.

I’m am so confused now if you are right or the agent on the phone is right. lol
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation