cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastmile Nokia - Tried to suspend service for 7 months: need help

Offgrid
I've been here awhile

Hi -

I raised this topic on a Reddit page and I was suggested to post here in order to get help. 

Here's the background and problem statement: 

I had good success in using Rogers 5G service over the summer at my cabin. Before getting the service, I was told that I could pause the service for many months at a time and only pay $5/month for equipment. I tried to do this about 2 weeks ago, it seems that the Rogers systems do not seem to have an option to suspend service. I could only cancel the entire service offering and return the device. I suppose I could do that but then need to buy the whole thing all over again in the spring (only to cancel and return again next fall). Crazy cost and hassle for Rogers and me.

I would think this is an obvious use case for Canadians with cabins and cottages. 

On Reddit page I was told by what I think is a Rogers employee (RogersCorey): "Wireless Home Internet Services can be suspended for a minimum of two-months to a maximum of six months per year with eligibility resetting 12 months following the previous suspension date.

I understand that returning the device and re-buying it would be a hassle. We would have to check your account specifically to find out why that option wasn't available to you.

If you'd kindly reach out to us on our Rogers Community Forums at: https://communityforums.rogers.com/ we can look into this matter for you.".

So can someone at Rogers please help me? The above restrictions would be fine. 

I am about to drive 5 hours to my cabin (each way) to get the Fastmile modem so I can return it because I had to cancel the service given the support team was unable to suspend the service. I would like to use the service again in the spring if we can sort this out. I am wanting to recommend this service to people in my area if we can resolve the suspending/pausing of service over the winter time. 

Thanks very much. 

RileyOffgrid

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Fastmile Nokia - Tried to suspend service for 7 months: need help

RogersJermaine

Hi @Offgrid,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for joining us here from Reddit! You should be able to set up a temporary suspension through Self Serve via MyRogers. The steps should be similar to the steps outlined for mobile phone plans found here

If you are not seeing that option available or are having any trouble getting it set up, please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation