cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain 2-year contract

Cece3
I've been here awhile

I was new here in Canada when I got a Samsung S8 from Rogers. And the way I understood how the 2-year contract works is that I have to pay the phone + text, call, and data within those first 2 years. And then after the 2 years, I only have to pay for the text, call, and data (in that case, the bill should decrease). However, I'm way past my 2-year contract and I'm still paying the same amount in my bill. Can someone please explain this to me and how that contract works here in Canada? I tried chatting with live agents, but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Explain 2-year contract

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Cece3!

Your contract with us is not a service contract but rather a device subsidy agreement. When your term is over, your price does not change however you are then free to change your plan to a BYOD plan if you wish.

I hope that answers your question! If you have any further questions, feel free to PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Cece3!

Your contract with us is not a service contract but rather a device subsidy agreement. When your term is over, your price does not change however you are then free to change your plan to a BYOD plan if you wish.

I hope that answers your question! If you have any further questions, feel free to PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

starkey11
I've been here awhile

Had plan over 2 years why doesn’t monthly payment become less for iPhone6?

Under the old plans, that recovery was built in under the plan itself.
Every month, your X amount was subtracted.
But correct, when the contract expired, that plan price still remained.
Now, there was a 'non contract' price for that plan as well.. say if you brought your own phone.  Usually $15-20 cheaper. 
You can/could switch over to that plan, but you had to do it manually.
(it SHOULD have done automatically in my opinion..)

So if you still have that phone, contract expired, you can call in and switch to any of the CURRENT plans at least, at the no contract pricing.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.   But if you get any new contract NOW, that pricing is separated?
So when the contract ends, the plan is auto at the base pricing?

amxreid
I've been here awhile

So my phone is fully paid off as I have had it for 3 years. I have a bundled package and my monthly payment has gone up $100 a month over the last two years. So that was my question as the phone is paid for, why shouldn't the cost per month now go down. Instead it has gone up.

So are you saying I can keep this phone, but sign up for a new package which is for calling, data and text only now, and it should be cheaper per month?

Hello @amxreid,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting your inquiry!

We don't typically make a price plan change unless it's requested by the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact. Since you've mentioned that your device is no longer tied to a subsidy, I would recommend you to view our new in market plans and see what best suits your needs!

Let us know if you have any follow up questions :).

RogersZia

Not true, the lease agreement on the phone should be paid off after 2 years. If he sticks with the s8 he paid for his monthly bill should decrease
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation