Explain 2-year contract

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Explain 2-year contract

I was new here in Canada when I got a Samsung S8 from Rogers. And the way I understood how the 2-year contract works is that I have to pay the phone + text, call, and data within those first 2 years. And then after the 2 years, I only have to pay for the text, call, and data (in that case, the bill should decrease). However, I'm way past my 2-year contract and I'm still paying the same amount in my bill. Can someone please explain this to me and how that contract works here in Canada? I tried chatting with live agents, but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying.

Highlighted

Re: Explain 2-year contract

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Cece3!

Your contract with us is not a service contract but rather a device subsidy agreement. When your term is over, your price does not change however you are then free to change your plan to a BYOD plan if you wish.

I hope that answers your question! If you have any further questions, feel free to PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey