cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired promos result in 70% increase in monthly bill and rep offered us a $4 discount

Nels22
I've been around

When we first signed up for our internet package, we were told the promos would expire in a year and if we called Customer Service would be able to reinstate similar promos to keep us around our expected monthly payment. Well the promos expired and our bill shot up 70%! I've called customer service and the only offer they provided is to take $4 off our bill for 12 months, then possibly "better promotions" would be available and I could get those. Well that's what the initial sales person said and it wasn't true! So now we've been lied to by the initial sales person and customer service. This feels like such a bait and switch - a 70% increase is unreasonable by ANY standards. Has anyone had any success getting Rogers to set reasonable monthly fees for their account?  This is price gauging. @CommunityHelps

*** Edited Labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Expired promos result in 70% increase in monthly bill and rep offered us a $4 discount

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Promotions and incentives are temporary and expire. It's highly unlikely to get a similar deal at the end of the promo these days, no matter which provider.  The original person "exaggerated".  Here's a similar post/thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Rogers-does-not-publish-bundles-for-existing-c...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation