cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check

Bp1897
I've been around

When signing up for Rogers internet, I agreed to a credit check and they said it was good and my internet was installed a week or so later. When I was checking my credit score I seen that they actually checked it 3 times, on three separate days. I called customer service today and the employee didn’t even know what a credit score was, and finally told me something happened on their end so they checked it two more times, each time three days apart (without notifying me). He also informed me that one of the times was to see if I could get a phone plan with Rogers (I didn’t even inquire about a phone). He essentially told me that it’s not their problem and proceeded to try and sell me a phone and phone plan with Rogers.. has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do? I just don’t want this on my credit report.

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Credit check

RogersMaude

Good day @Bp1897,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

When requesting a new activation of services, a single credit check should be performed at the time of the account creation. I completely understand your frustration and would like to have a closer look into this for you to see what went wrong.

To give us the opportunity to better assist you, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can gain access to your account and discuss things further. We'll be more than happy to help. 

To see how our messaging system works, take a look at this blog. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Re: Credit check

SwimSnowTimmy
I've been here awhile

I am quite concerned with this because any lender needs to seek your permission before pulling your credit report (hard inquiry).  If these are done without your permission and you have proof of this, you can challenge this through TransUnion to inquire.  Soft inquiries would be more for promotional offers that you "pre-qualifty" for (plans, credit card increase of limit, etc) because you have exisiting services with them, provided your account is in good standing.  Don't leave it too long through to dispute this as the longer the time goes on, the more difficult it is to remove.  Ask for the credit department of Rogers to get this looked into, and if that doesn't solve anything, then onto TransUnion.  KEEP all paper trails you have to back everything up.  Good Luck!!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation