cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Service

marko5
I've been around

I have 3 cell phones and would like to cancel one phone line. Can I do it on line or do I have to call Rogers?

*Added Labels*

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Cancel Service

RogersYasmine

Good morning @marko5!

Thanks for visiting us in the Rogers community forums! We hope you like it here! 🙂

We are sad to hear that you wish to cancel one of your wireless lines with us, but doing so is simple! We have many avenues of support that you can use to make your request. Kindly click here to view the available support options or feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we may assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Have a nice day!

RogersLaura

Danno
I plan to stick around

My promo is expiring. Now Rogers wants to raise the price by 40%. That's too much and they won't negotiate. Time to shop around...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno wrote:

My promo is expiring. Now Rogers wants to raise the price by 40%. That's too much and they won't negotiate. Time to shop around...

I presume that this is regarding Digital TV.  How determined are you to leave Rogers?

You could set a cancellation date that is not immediate.  You might get a call back from Retentions with an offer to switch to Ignite.  I would also suggest giving Ignite TV a try before leaving Rogers altogether.

If you have Home Phone with Rogers, do not cancel that service or you may end up losing your current telephone number.  Sign up with a new service provider first and port your number.  Your Rogers Home Phone service should get cancelled automatically once the port-out is complete.

Did you at least let Rogers provide you with a quote for Ignite services?  As far as I know, Rogers absolutely will not provide any discounts for Digital TV anymore, not even to their most loyal long-time customers.

Danno
I plan to stick around

Just out of Curiosity... Is There a Disconnection Charge for quitting Rogers TV and/or Internet?

If so, how much?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno wrote:

Just out of Curiosity... Is There a Disconnection Charge for quitting Rogers TV and/or Internet?  If so, how much?

No, not that I know of, unless you are still under a contract.  If you are considering switching to a third-party Internet provider and remaining on the Rogers network, then you are better off not disconnecting your service when you sign up with them.  With some, if you have an active Cable Internet service, they will waive their installation fee.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno  You are clearly upset with Rogers.  That's understandable.  However, understand that Rogers also does not want to keep Digital TV around for any longer than they need to and they want their existing customers to migrate to Ignite TV.

If you switch to a competitor and things do not go well, you may have to go back to Rogers, so I would try to part ways with them on good terms.  I would also give Ignite TV a try while you are still with Rogers.  You don't have anything to lose.  If you do not like Ignite TV, then that would be a good reason to part ways, but I would not leave purely out of spite.

Danno
I plan to stick around

Rogers can and will offer deals to some customers. It's like buying a car. You can pay the sticker price or you can negotiate. Of course they will tell you they don't provide discounts. That is simply not true.

$79.99
500 Internet
My flex 10 tv

$105
500 internet
my flex 20 + sports

$129
500 internet
Premier tv

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno  I never said that Rogers does not offer deals or promotional discounts.  They do for Ignite services, but I have not heard of anybody getting any discounts on any legacy services for quite some time.

SameerEASTTIFAN
I've been here awhile

I don't have money for payment and i just use my network only few messages and I don't have job and I don't working and i can't working beacuse i have mentally disability i talk with Rogers on the phone and i tell her about that my health

Please delete my account Rogers i don't need Network and no need sim card

Hi @SameerEASTTIFAN

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you very much for your post. I hope you are enjoying it here and staying safe!

I am extremely sorry to hear about the loss of your job and the impact that can have. I understand how it can be difficult financially and hope you understand that we do appreciate you as a valued customer. 

While we are unable to call you through this platform you can reach out to our support team at 1 866 346-3430.

They are open:

Mon-Fri: 7 am to Midnight 
Sat: 7:30am to 9pm
Sun: 10am to 6pm

Hope you are taking care!

Cheers
RogersJermaine

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

I have four devices - 2 iphones, 1 mini ipad and 1 ipad on a Shared Plan.  

I want to remove one of the devices and there doesn't appear to be an on-line method of doing so.  There is a + ADD device, but no - REMOVE device. 

There is also no information on the web page indicating how to remove a device.

What is the procedure please and why isn't it easily accessible on the web site?

Hello, @User14.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community; we have been adding a lot of transactions to self-serve. Certain transactions like removing a line/device can be more involved, hence not available.

Please drop us a line in a PM so we can help. Need a hand? Check out our helpful blog on how to send us a private message. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

User14

I tried chat, and waited over an hour. Over 1 hour is way to long to wait. Please contact me when you have the time.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In my personal experience, Cancelling a line is always something that has to be done over the phone with a live agent. the reason there is no "remove" button online is because removing a line is considered cancellation and some lines when cancelled have a termination fee or early termination fee, so they do not want people to be subject to that, its best to call in to cancel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:  1. Please contact me when you have the time.
2. What is the procedure please and why isn't it easily accessible on the web site?

1. It is unlikely (although possible) that anyone will contact you here by asking.  Please refer to post 13 and PM the mods here for assistance.

2. Most companies do not allow for cancellations/removals on their website because they wish to discuss alternatives with you.  For example, I recently wanted to end a subscription with the Globe and Mail and had to call them to do this.  They offered me a very good deal to continue subscribing.  This is but one example, but Rogers may be able to offer an alternative that is better than simply "removing", etc.

User14

57 & Pauly. Thanks for your feedback.

FYI, I still have 2 phones and mini iPad on the Shared Plan so I didn't think the term "cancel"  applied.  Terminology!

I only wanted the large iPad "removed" from the plan as it is constantly on wi-fi anyway.  There seems to be a button there to +ADD a device.   I expected to see a - REMOVE device because I am not cancelling my cellular Shared Plan. 

Too bad they can't put something on the website page that says:  "If you want to remove a device call XXX-XXXX. " or "If you want to remove a device DM us in Community Forums" .  Waiting on CHAT for over an hour wasn't impressive.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

your not cancelling your main line, to remove your ipad, your ipad has a sim card and uses cellular data so its treated the same was as a voice line, though your billed very differently for it, but the cancellation of a data line is the same for voice, must be done thru an agent.  your ipad even has a phone number assigned to it though it is not for making  calls but the cell network was built on numbers as identifiers so this is why .

Greetings @User14!

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further with your cancellation request. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

User14

You will have to call Rogers. You can't do it online and even when you try to do it with CHAT it will fail.  The problem is when you type in CANCEL the automated CHAT agent will try to connect you to a live agent.  This took over an hour the two times I tried and during that time your online session times out without you knowing it.  So you get a "session timeout" with no notice, before you get a connection to a live agent.  Also when I tried calling Billing and Payments the system indicated the wait time was 35 to 50 minutes.  Here they will tell you to Direct Message @CommunityHelps.   

I hope this information answers your query, because the service to remove one device certainly frustrated me.  

User14

@Pauly  You are correct because the only way I managed to get a device removed from my shared data plan was to call.  I tried CHAT  4 times and it never transferred to a live agent when the word CANCEL was used.  I tried again today (early Sunday morning) and it never got transferred after 1 hour.  

I finally called and after talking to someone in Saskatchewan, I ended up in Windsor with the Cancellation Department.  As you say, they want to keep you ( Retention Department) so  guess what, my bill was reduced for X years by $X and I got my X Gig of data doubled.  Of course I was told about upgrading my phones etc. with lease plans. 

BASICALLY to let everyone know who comes here for information your only way of "removing" a device from your data plan is to CALL.  There doesn't appear to be any other option and you may get a better deal! 

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 in conversation