cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.6% Price Increase

ByetheSea
I'm here a lot

Just voicing my displeasure on finding out on my own of a monthly rate increase of 3.6%.

No heads up by way of notification in any form....other than the monthly bill notice with what was obviously a higher price.

Don't care why, yadda yadda....just desire and expect the need to feel respected with 'prior' notification....note to my file - one demerit for customer relations.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 3.6% Price Increase

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ByetheSea If you look closely at your previous bill statements, you'll see a notice regarding price increases, usually about 3-5 months before the actual price increase comes into effect.  It's always there.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ByetheSea If you look closely at your previous bill statements, you'll see a notice regarding price increases, usually about 3-5 months before the actual price increase comes into effect.  It's always there.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
You were notified on your November 2022 bill

Aylesbury
I've been here awhile
Try 9.7%. That was my surprise today.
Apparently there was a note buried in my December bill. You had to click on it and then scroll to find it.
Clever stuff.
Rogers will be joining Netflix on my bye bye list.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aylesbury wrote:  Apparently there was a note buried in my December bill. You had to click on it and then scroll to find it.

This is what happens if you don't review your statements. Or when there's a notice in the statements about channel changes that people don't read. I guess there are lots of people who don't, but that's not Rogers fault.  Same thing happens when people don't review their electricity or gas or credit card statements and get incensed. 

warped77
I plan to stick around

Just got my bill and saw the increase. I checked last months bill and there was no mention of an increase. This is ridiculous. This is the second increase since I signed up for my package. Why bother to give a price on a package if they're just going to increase it anyway. So tired of the bate and switch.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@warped77 : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread.  If you read my solution post you'll see that the price increase is always included in your statement, usually about 3 months beforehand.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

I was notified about the increase on my November 2022 bill, some were notified on their December 2022 bill 

the notification stated that after Feb 12 there would be an increase.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

hardly buried, its right on your bill where your services are in bold letters

GF18
I've been around

Phone Customer Service, ask to speak to Retention group.   They should be able to put in a 12 month credit to offset the increase.    And then next year the same thing will happen and you're back to square 1.

HermannSOL
I've been around
Same!!
Just got off a call with customer support and apparently, it was stated in my January bill somewhere at the bottom Lol. I think sending out emails informing users of this change would have been a better way of communication. My bills are always the same old thing and it's hard to read the same thing every month. It's easy for people to miss these stuff. Anyways, I guess it's time to explore other options with alternative service providers. I'm falling out with Rogers and this might have just been the last straw.

cdrr09
I've been around

Exactly the same! Im just looking at my bill and it is 12$ more. I contacted them and was pretty much shut up that everything is increasing and so is their rates and I say how can you just do that without any communication and he says we can as you see on your bill!  I have been with them for many years but going to telus as I got much cheaper deal. Unbelievable crap they pull out

ACanadianB
I've been around

Just putting the notice in the bill is not sufficient.  When I get emails about my monthly bill it only tells me what the cost is, not that any messages are pending.  If the cost is the expected cost, why would I bother reading the bill in detail?

I think this was handled this way to avoid a massive outcry.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No one is ever happy with how a bill increase is communicated. what did u want them to do instead? come to your door on a red carpet and have a personal messenger read out a statement to you?

If I forget to read my bill, I am actively engaged in online communities such as this and others and I always find out about it one way or another.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ACanadianB wrote:

...why would I bother reading the bill in detail?

You don't need to review the bill in detail if it was as expected, however, bills also often contain other useful information, such as channel changes, upcoming payment changes as outlined in my post link below, etc.  This bill review can be accomplished in a few seconds.  It's up to you.  Lots of people don't read their bills, but if you don't you can't complain about anything that was contained in them.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Internet-Late-payment-charge-for-ontime-paymen...

Aylesbury
I've been here awhile
I just went back to look specifically at the monthly emails I receive from Rogers.
The heading says “ your Rogers BILL is now available “
It specifically says “Bill” and shows the amount due in the main body of the email.
So I’d argue that it is disingenuous to put a note in the bill detail about coming increases, when there is zero indication that there is any need to open the link. If the summary amount matches what you expect, reviewing the detail should be unnecessary.
A bill, is an amount to be paid, not a document to cover future rate increases.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aylesbury wrote:  ...there is zero indication that there is any need to open the link. If the summary amount matches what you expect, reviewing the detail should be unnecessary.

On my Rogers e-mail regarding my bill it clearly states "Sign in below to view your bill in detail."

An e-mail is not a secure form of communication.  Perhaps Rogers could change the word "Bill" to "Statement", however, you have the gist of what they mean in either case.  I'm actually glad that Rogers keeps all of this information regarding channels, payments, etc in one document, it stops me from being inundated with e-mails from them, which people would then complain about.

If you look at e-mails from credit card companies, banks, gas companies, electrical companies, etc., they all include only the minimum of information in the e-mail and you are required to visit their website (or use their app) to get additional details.  It is your prerogative not to - some people never review their credit card or other statements either, but again, you cannot blame the corporation for your lack of due diligence.

Tip: One should never click on a link in an e-mail.  It could be a scam e-mail. One should always go to the corporation's website by using your app or browser bookmark.

Aylesbury
I've been here awhile

Totally disagree. It says “bill” so it should be a bill. Perhaps you have a lot of spare time to open links, but many of us are not so fortunate.
As I said, the behaviour is disingenuous, and obfuscates the impending increase.
Any increase should be overtly communicated as a distinct entity.
If you cannot see that, then we will just have to agree to differ.

Th1ef
I plan to stick around

what's a joke, had too call in aswell to get the 12 month offset I guess they need to pay for that shaw purchase some how 

I didn't notice this verbiage on my bill either, they have lots of time to send me garbage emails from the CEO apologizing for taking down the entire network across Canada for 24 hours and other emails that nobody cares about -- but no email stating that there would be an increase in fees.  this was definitely done on purpose 

Fatkatz
I plan to stick around
Mine too. I have been with Roger's since 1998? About $7.90 a month. Well I called them and if they don't remove it. I will be moving on. To bad,so sad

Fatkatz
I plan to stick around
I pay my bills....no reason to review them....this is just sneaky and it will cost Roger's more
Topic Stats