cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Cup on TSN Poor Quality

RRF1
I plan to stick around

The World Cup is finally here and the picture quality is so poor on TSN the eye strain makes it almost unwatchable.
Every time the camera moves everything goes out of focus and blurry.
Come on Rogers, dial up the bitrate, your subscribers deserve better.
Boy I miss the analog days when the CRTC prevented companies from tampering with the picture quality.

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: World Cup on TSN Poor Quality

Partheon
I plan to stick around

Also having problems with a lot of channels especially most sports channels like sports pak, tsn channels, nbatv, showcase, amc, most of the bell channels. The pictures all pixelated and distorted. Happen around yesterday late night and still on going. Only way to watch fifa matches is on fox. 

Partheon
I plan to stick around

Looks like the problems is fixed now. That was quick Rogers 😜.

Thank You

RRF1
I plan to stick around

I'll check again..

I will be the first to admit the feed is not that great from Qatar.

However Fox OTA is broadcasting 720p with a variable bit rate between 5Mb/s and 12Mb/s and it a superior picture to any of the Rogers channels.

The cameras in use today output uncompressed SDI feeds at 6 and 12Gbits/sec for 4K pictures or 1.5 to 2.9GBits/sec for 1080 pictures. Those feeds go to the onsite production trucks and then are distributed around the venue to QAM modulators and out to the world via satellite or fibre. 

If you have ever seen one of the local venue SDI/QAM feeds you would be astounded at the clarity and detail on even the cheapest display.  

Partheon
I plan to stick around

Uhhhh same channels are pixilated again, what is going on Rogers. It's been on and off like this for a month. 1 day it will be good and then next couple days pixilation. It's getting annoying and frustrated.

Good day @Partheon & @RRF1,

Thanks for flagging this sporadic issue that you've been having with the feed on TSN. We certainly want you to be able to enjoy the World Cup without any disruptions. 

If possible, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

FIFA World Cup on TSN Poor Quality

sv
I'm here a lot

Streaming using the TSN APP, the quality of FIFA 2022 is very bad. Lots of Pixalisation. The version on the TV is actually very good. Any hints on how I can tune it better. I am using the App on a FireTV4K device.

jspencer27
I've been here awhile
I agree. 100%. Why can’t we get these games in 4K? It’s no better than a High Def feed that you got back in the early 2000’s.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation