cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Don't Record anything If your area has a Legacy TV outage

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

There's a known outage in my area (Toronto). as of 7am, all my digital legacy channels are now black (except for Lobby channel, and VOD) and no audio options exist via Info button.

The good news is that all previously recorded programs on the PVR will still work ... But if you try to record anything, the box will reboot, and then be stuck at "01" which is code for : The party is over!

Make sure to cancel any upcoming recordings, until the channels return, or you will have nothing to watch until Rogers fixes the problem.

By the way, according to last night's Nova (PBS) episode, the real life dress is actually black and blue ... Not White and Gold. If the background is blueish, or you spend a lot of time outdoors, you will see the dress as white and gold. However, if you spend more time indoors (yellow light), or the image is surrounded by yellow light, the dress will be blue and black. I think this was already mentioned ages ago elsewhere, but for those in the dark, I'm just trying to keep you distracted until Rogers fixes the problem ... If your box displays "01" keep rebooting to see if the problem has been fixed.

Testing 1, 2, 3 ... Time for a nap and count some sheep.🐏🐑🐑

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Warning: Don't Record anything If your area has a Legacy TV outage

mebe

It's now working (I only have Legacy digital tv with Rogers, so I don't know about Internet or phone service) as of about 11:15 pm, I think. I just noticed the box clock was on, and after a few minutes of waiting, all the channels started working. No reboot necessary ... Actually I did reboot the box, but I'm not sure if it was stuck at 01, or that reboot got it going.

Calling Mandy to cancel the dancing pigs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mebe
Based on a Rogers email, I assume service will be restored somewhere between 7pm and 11pm tonight, but since it's a fibre cut, it could take much longer.

There's no estimated time on the Service Interruptions page, other than a 10-14 hours estimate (perhaps from 9am).

At least my antenna will get some extra work today.

I know fibre/fiber is supposed to be good for us, but please don't chew on any exposed fibre lines while Rogers is trying to fix the problem.

It's probably a good time to put on a few puppet/magic shows for the kids to watch on the Lobby channel. However, if service is not restored by 11pm, that's when more adult content will hopefully begin to appear on the Lobby channel. Let's have a round of applause for Mandy and her belly-dancing pot-bellied pigs. 🙈

mebe

Just got another Rogers email that mentions a midnight repair time (the Service Interruptions thread has also been updated to that midnight estimate).

I'm going to call Mandy to get the pigs ready for a midnight-madness performance, if the midnight deadline is not met. 🕛

mebe

It's now working (I only have Legacy digital tv with Rogers, so I don't know about Internet or phone service) as of about 11:15 pm, I think. I just noticed the box clock was on, and after a few minutes of waiting, all the channels started working. No reboot necessary ... Actually I did reboot the box, but I'm not sure if it was stuck at 01, or that reboot got it going.

Calling Mandy to cancel the dancing pigs.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 in conversation