June 15th we're getting an update that will, for some reason, change some show titles. Just curious, why would show titles change? Is this in preparation for another life-altering process to our TV viewing? Any connection to the upcoming earth-shattering revelations in Washington re: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena?
Inquiring minds want to know.
The Program guide data changed, likely they changed guide providers so some of the show titles may be different, recordings work by searching for the title, if new episodes have a different title they wont record, you will be disappointed, call and complain, by reading this message you go into your pvr and re-record your shows and thats it, problem solved
What if we have dozens of shows? What exactly is changing about titles?
1. What if we have dozens of shows?
2. What exactly is changing about titles?
1. If the name of the programme changes, then you'll need to set a new series recording for any affected series.
2. I'm not sure, however, even if one letter of the programme name changes, it wouldn't record. For example a programme may change from "The Agenda" to "The Agenda with Steve Paikin."
You should be able to notice 6 days before the next recording and check all your series recordings. Note that the series recording may still show in your "scheduled list", however, if the name has changed it will not record. You'll either have to check to see if the programme name has changed and/or check the IPG itself to see if there is a red dot in the programme guide grid.
I'm assuming that Rogers is getting a new provider for their Digital Cable IPG. After all we've had huge issues with their current one as outlined in the following long thread. "Anyplace" and the Guide for Ignite has much better accuracy, so perhaps Rogers is using the information from there instead of whatever they're doing now, which is awful.
Here's a copy of the e-mail I received today:
Updates to your Personal Video Recorder (PVR)
Starting June 15, 2021, there will be updates to the program listings on your existing TV service. After the update is complete, select program titles will change. To ensure you don’t miss a single episode of your favourite TV show, here’s what you need to know:
• For upcoming PVR recording(s), we recommend checking to confirm they’re still scheduled after the updates take effect on June 15 and reprogramming any that are missing • For steps on how to verify your upcoming recordings, please visit rogers.com/scheduled-recordings • These updates won’t affect existing recordings already saved to your PVR.
If you have any further questions, chat with our virtual assistant Anna for fast, easy support at rogers.com/contactus.
Thank you for choosing Rogers.
I understand what needs to be done, but it will take a while to go through each of the dozens of shows and see if it changed or not. keep checking all is ok. delete old add new. what a waste of time.
I didn't go through the 200+ messages in the thread you listed, but the guide has been working fine, recording everything like I set up.
It's not as if this has not happened before, even without Rogers switching programming data providers. In fact, this is the first time a switch has been announced; there have been changes in the past, such as "The" in front of a program name.