cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Live CTV on CTV App?

mdawson
I've been here awhile

I'm logged in through my Rogers account but trying to watch live feed still telss me to contact my tv provider?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No Live CTV on CTV App?

RogersZia

Hello @mdawson,

Welcome to the Community!

CTV app is definitely a convenient way to keep up with the shows on the go. When was the last time the feature worked for you? Have you made any account changes recently?

I just tried the On Air feature via the app on my iPhone and I was able to access the content without any issues. What device are you using? Can you please try to clear the app cache and log back in to see if it lets you watch Live TV via the app?

Please keep us posted :).

RogersZia

mdawson
I've been here awhile

My client is the Amazon firestick...

Hello, @mdawson.

Thanks for the additional info; it's good to know you can log in to MyRogers on Amazon Fire TV Stick. Can you access CTV on other devices running iOS or Android? Also, can you log in to ctv.ca and access the channels you're subscribed to? 

The issue you're experiencing could be related to CTV GO App's requirements. Even though Fire OS is built on Andriod, it may not be supported by CTV GO App. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

The_One
I plan to stick around
This happened to me also in the last two weeks, about two months after switching to Rogers Ignite. I’m sure you will experience this soon. To be clear, this is for downloaded apps, and not apps accessed via Rogers Ignite menu. When accessing Crave in the Ignite menu you have access.

This is not just CTV, also TSN, Crave and others. Based on this I believe Rogers is no longer sending subscription approvals/confirmations to non-Rogers networks. CTV/TSN is owned by Bell. Crave is another network, etc. The CityTv app still works.

You can explicitly see this on the CTV app. After logging in, under your profile it shows you don’t have subscribers access to these channels anymore.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation