cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I record on a specific time slot with my 4K PVR?

phed
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I am new to 4K PVR.

I have some questions about it.

In the record settings, there is "New Episodes" and "All Episodes". What is the different? There is "This day of the week" and "Any day of the week", what is the different?

I would like record on a specific time slot on a channel on weekdays, no matter what the title is, is it possible to do that? For example, I would like to record channel 123, at 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., on Mon to Fri forever. What is the steps to do that?

***ADDED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I record on a specific time slot with my 4K PVR?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phed wrote:

1. In the record settings, there is "New Episodes" and "All Episodes". What is the different?

2. There is "This day of the week" and "Any day of the week", what is the different?

3. I would like record on a specific time slot on a channel on weekdays, no matter what the title is, is it possible to do that? For example, I would like to record channel 123, at 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., on Mon to Fri forever. 

1. If you look at the IPG (Interactive Programme Guide) information for specific programmes, some of them are labelled "New".  This indicates that this programme is airing for the first time on that particular channel. (It may have aired before on another channel).  It may also be incorrect as I have found the "new" modifier to be incorrect quite a bit.  This applies to series recordings.

2. This day of the week will record that particular programme on that day of the week, say a Monday.  If it airs on a Tuesday, it will not be recorded.  "Any day" is pretty obvious.

3. I don't believe you can do what you want. This is not a VCR and is not like the old SA8300HD.  It does not do manual recordings.  You will have to find a workaround like recording a particular programme on Ch 123 at 1PM, say daily (if it airs daily).

4. You can do a "timeslot" recording, which will record a certain programme if it airs in a particular timeslot, however, it will only record that specific programme and it will not record if that programme starts at a different time, even if it's only 1 minute different.

This assumes you are still on Legacy Digital Cable.  The IgniteTV recordings are different, but there is no option there for manual recordings either.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I record on a specific time slot with my 4K PVR?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phed wrote:

1. In the record settings, there is "New Episodes" and "All Episodes". What is the different?

2. There is "This day of the week" and "Any day of the week", what is the different?

3. I would like record on a specific time slot on a channel on weekdays, no matter what the title is, is it possible to do that? For example, I would like to record channel 123, at 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., on Mon to Fri forever. 

1. If you look at the IPG (Interactive Programme Guide) information for specific programmes, some of them are labelled "New".  This indicates that this programme is airing for the first time on that particular channel. (It may have aired before on another channel).  It may also be incorrect as I have found the "new" modifier to be incorrect quite a bit.  This applies to series recordings.

2. This day of the week will record that particular programme on that day of the week, say a Monday.  If it airs on a Tuesday, it will not be recorded.  "Any day" is pretty obvious.

3. I don't believe you can do what you want. This is not a VCR and is not like the old SA8300HD.  It does not do manual recordings.  You will have to find a workaround like recording a particular programme on Ch 123 at 1PM, say daily (if it airs daily).

4. You can do a "timeslot" recording, which will record a certain programme if it airs in a particular timeslot, however, it will only record that specific programme and it will not record if that programme starts at a different time, even if it's only 1 minute different.

This assumes you are still on Legacy Digital Cable.  The IgniteTV recordings are different, but there is no option there for manual recordings either.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation