cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDA&E Audio only 2 channels

RRF1
I plan to stick around

HDA&E has been in 2 channel audio mode for more than a week, instead of the usual 5.1 mode.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HDA&E Audio only 2 channels

RRF1
I plan to stick around

It took 3 trouble tickets, but the issue was corrected yesterday.

HDA&E is now back to 5.1 surround...just in time for the Janet Jackson special last night.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersRahul

Greetings @RRF1!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to assist you.

What STB model are you using? Is it happening on other boxes too? Do you remember when this issue first began?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

RRF1
I plan to stick around

I am on VIP Digital Cable with 2 SA8300HD STB's.

This issue is present on both STB's.

My service is from the Scarlett Rd. headend, however HDA&E is a SDV Broadcast channel out of the Primary headend at York Mills.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't normally watch A&E HD (Ch31 in Toronto), however, I just checked and the audio signal is "only" DD2.0. The  adjacent channels like TSN, etc are DD5.1.  I'm on Legacy Digital Cable with a 9865 PVR.

I scanned about 50 channels and found the following channels were also DD2.0, however, I don't believe there is anything extraordinary about that.  Channels 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 35, 38, 57.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

HDA&E went into 2 channel mode about 2 weeks ago. Still only 2.0 this morning...but that is better than the 1 channel mode the Golf Channel was in recently.

I am not a big fan of the "binge-mode" some channels have been trying lately....where they show the same program all day. I suppose it is designed to lure customers from NetFlix etc. 

RRF1
I plan to stick around
Any update on this issue?
Just an acknowledgement of the issue and a statement that there is a delay due to parts or something, is all anyone would like to know.
Please don't turn this into another HDGLB fiasco where Rogers denied for months that HDGLB was ever in 5.1 audio.

Hello, @RRF1

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

I can understand how frustrating it is to experience these audio issues. 😞

We'll need to escalate this to our support teams to review and investigate what is causing this issue. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersTony

RRF1
I plan to stick around

I have done as you asked.

One has to question the validity of this forum when subscribers report issues such as this  and no action is taken.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

It took 3 trouble tickets, but the issue was corrected yesterday.

HDA&E is now back to 5.1 surround...just in time for the Janet Jackson special last night.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation