cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video recording duration on Rogers home monitoring

nhbawa
I've been around

Hi - we recently got the home monitoring system for my grandpa and I've set up a rule for a video clip to be recorded every time his door is opened. However, the video is only 15 seconds which isn't enough time to capture anything since he moves slowly. Is there a way to increase the duration of the recorded video clip? To maybe 30 or 60 seconds? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Video recording duration on Rogers home monitoring

RogersTony

Hello, @nhbawa

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern. I know how important it is to ensure your loved ones are safe. Currently, 15 seconds is the only duration option available for the video clips. 

There is an option to record 24/7 from one camera for up to 1 week. The recordings would be stored locally on a 64 GB Class 10 SD Card or Micro SD card that is inserted into the Touchscreen. These recordings would only be viewable locally on the Touchscreen or downloadable to a USB drive.

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear. We'll definitely pass along your feedback regarding longer video clips.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

RogersTony

Hello, @nhbawa

Thank you for posting your concern. I know how important it is to ensure your loved ones are safe. Currently, 15 seconds is the only duration option available for the video clips. 

There is an option to record 24/7 from one camera for up to 1 week. The recordings would be stored locally on a 64 GB Class 10 SD Card or Micro SD card that is inserted into the Touchscreen. These recordings would only be viewable locally on the Touchscreen or downloadable to a USB drive.

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear. We'll definitely pass along your feedback regarding longer video clips.

RogersTony

Please please do change 15 seconds options to at least 30 seconds for recording of video. As I am not able to record full details in 90% cases.

Hello, @Jigarhb

Thanks so much for posting your suggestion in the Community. We'll definitely pass this along to the product managers to review.

I can see how this change would be a great convenience to you. You also have the option to record 24/7 for up to 1 week of recordings by inserting a 64 GB Class 10 SD card/Micro SD card (depending on the model of your touchscreen) into your touchscreen and setting up the recording option in the camera widget.

We appreciate you providing us with your feedback. 🙂

RogersTony

Hi Tony,

With the 24/7 recording option, will the system automatically loop record over the oldest footage if the 64 Gb card is full?

Sincerely,

Simon

Hello, @Simon67

Yes, it will record over the oldest footage once it has reached the capacity of the card. You can download the contents of the card to a USB drive for viewing elsewhere.

The data on the card is encrypted and cannot be read anywhere other than the Touchpad. If you have to remove the SD card, ensure to turn off the 24/7 recording before you remove the card or you may corrupt the data on the card.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

How do you download to a usb? SD Card files aren't recognized on my PC.

Hello, @dmc2709

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. You can find the specific steps to download to a USB by visiting one of my older posts listed here.

Please let us know if you have any trouble following the steps outlined.

RogersTony

pinar
I've been around

SD Card for video recording:

I purchased an SD 64 GB Class 10 card. But it looks too big for the slot. Is there a mini SD card I should be buying? Can you give an example of an SD card that would work?
Thank you!

Hello, @pinar.

Thank you for your query, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

I hope you had a chance to go through this thread; the answer to your question is in post # 4. All the newer Touchpad models use the 64GB Class 10 Micro SD cards.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Bing8
I've been around

I'm new to posting these messages but I have an issue with viewing recorded videos. There's certain time frames where it allows me to see but everything else shows up blank, I've tried transferring it over to a USB but all it says whenever I try is something about the video is not available, what could be causing this?

Hello, @Bing8.

I appreciate you choosing to post your concern here, and we welcome you to our Community Forums. 😃

Recording showing up blank is disappointing; it indicates intermittent connectivity of Cameras to the network. 

To better assist, we'd like to know a bit more about the setup: 

• Are the Cameras wired or connecting wirelessly to the modem? 
  • Where is the Netgear modem located? (The cameras usually connect to a Netgear modem, separate from your Internet modem)
  • When was the last time you could see recording without gaps (blank)?
  • How long are the gaps in between recordings?

Since the video was not recorded, downloading it to a USB will not display any video. 

We appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Do I need a rule to send the video to the micro so card? It does not appear to be storing.

Hello, @MvdB106.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this discussion and for your query. Are you using a 64GB Class 10 Micro SD card?

If you are using a compatible card, then you can record 24/7 from one of your cameras for up to 1 week. The recording will be stored on the card and can only be viewable on the Touchscreen.

You can use the rules to record the video clips, and they are only accessible through the SHM app.

Please don't hesitate to post if you have further questions. Alternately, you can chat/call our SHM support - https://roge.rs/3mnK24C.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation