cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update WiFi Password for Smart Home Monitoring

Alwftw
I've been here awhile

I switched providers and can not find where to update the wifi on my home alarm system. Can someone please let me know where this option is, either on the touch screen or app?

Thank you in advance!

*** Edited Labels *** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Update WiFi Password for Smart Home Monitoring

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You still have the rogers smart home monitoring?  
But not Rogers Internet?

The rogers smart home monitoring works on its own special wifi network, separate from the standard one you use in your house.
Usually rogers provides a smaller separate router, which is set up to a hidden SSID, which the security system connects to.  You should still have this device.

I would GUESS.. that it will still work while on another providers internet.
Likely if you plugged the other router into a wired port in your providers internet, It might work?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You still have the rogers smart home monitoring?  
But not Rogers Internet?

The rogers smart home monitoring works on its own special wifi network, separate from the standard one you use in your house.
Usually rogers provides a smaller separate router, which is set up to a hidden SSID, which the security system connects to.  You should still have this device.

I would GUESS.. that it will still work while on another providers internet.
Likely if you plugged the other router into a wired port in your providers internet, It might work?

RogersTony

Hello, @Alwftw

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Ensuring that your Smart Home Monitoring system is connected properly is paramount to ensuring the system is functioning properly and all features are available. 

@Gdkitty is correct, there is a separate Netgear router that is programmed to only communicate with the Touchpad. As long as it has not been factory reset all you have to do is plug it into the power and connect the Ethernet cord to your current Internet Modem and it should connect automatically. There is no option to enter a Wi-Fi network name or password.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Alwftw
I've been here awhile
That makes sense! Thank you!
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation