cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Monitoring Help-new router

tester2013
I plan to stick around

I purchased the TP Link Ax5400 and now I can't seem to connect to my Smart Home Monitoring through the app. I get a error Communication Failure. 

How to resolve this?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Home Monitoring Help-new router

tester2013
I plan to stick around

After seeing that no one replied to my thread except RogersMaude, I decided to take it on to myself to rectify the issue. I unplugged the Ethernet cable out of the TP Link router that was coming from the Netgear N300 Wifi Router (supplied by Rogers) and plugged that into the Netgear Switch and restarted the Rogers modem along with my router. When everything came back online I made sure the light on the N300 Internet was green (it was orange when I was having all these issues) and the light was green. Fired up the SMH app on iPhone and everything was working as it should.

Hopefully this helps others in a similar situation that I was in.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMaude

Hey @tester2013,

Thank you for posting! Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues connecting your Smart Home Monitoring with your new router.

To further assist you, we'd need more information from you. Therefore,  I do have a few questions:

Before purchasing this new TP Link device, was the SHM app successfully connected via bridge mode to a router of your own?

Since you posted, have you gone through any troubleshooting steps?

Let us know - We'd like to help you resolve this!

Please visit the following page for additional assistance: Troubleshooting Issues with the Smart Home Monitoring App.

RogersMaude

tester2013
I plan to stick around

The SHM app worked fine before the purchase of the TP Link router as it was connected directly to my XB7 modem. Upon checking the Netgear Router for the SHM camera I see that the orange light for internet is on but the power and wifi are GREEN. I have tried a restart of my router and Rogers modem and had no luck. Troubleshooting through the link did not resolve my issue. My desktop is directly connected via Ethernet to the router and it works fine. 

tester2013
I plan to stick around

Issue resolved. Please close thread!

Hi @tester2013, glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. For the Community's benefit, would you please share the troubleshooting steps you completed to fix the issue? I'm sure the members would love to know.

RogersZia

tester2013
I plan to stick around

After seeing that no one replied to my thread except RogersMaude, I decided to take it on to myself to rectify the issue. I unplugged the Ethernet cable out of the TP Link router that was coming from the Netgear N300 Wifi Router (supplied by Rogers) and plugged that into the Netgear Switch and restarted the Rogers modem along with my router. When everything came back online I made sure the light on the N300 Internet was green (it was orange when I was having all these issues) and the light was green. Fired up the SMH app on iPhone and everything was working as it should.

Hopefully this helps others in a similar situation that I was in.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation