cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into Smart Home Monitoring APP (CAPTHA issue?)

will2km
I've been here awhile

Hi Everyone,

I've been frustrated for several days that all of sudden, my SHM app acted up. I lost access to it. 

The symptom is like this

1. SHM screen shown

2. Redirected to Rogers login page

3. Provide credentials then click login

4. Go back to 1. If I repeat 1-4 multiple times, I'll get a message after step 3 in the login page saying something like "there is error on our end, please try again later"

If I reinstall SHM app, it will work for my first login then go back to the process above. 

I am using an Android phone and my wife uses Apple and she doesn't have this issue. One interesting thing is after step 3 on my wife's phone, a CAPTHA page is shown, whereas the page is not shown on my phone.

I am not sure if it's related. BTW I've enabled Javascript on my browser. 

Please help me out, it's uneasy to not be able to use an APP deemed for security.

Thanks very much.

Will

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can't log into Smart Home Monitoring APP (CAPTHA issue?)

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @will2km!

Not being able to access the SHM Manager on your phone is certainly concerning! I am glad to hear though that it's working on another device. I've taken a look into this for you and it looks like there was an outage impacting the Android app, however this has since been resolved to my knowledge as of yesterday. If you're still experiencing issues with it though I would recommend reaching out to support:

SHM Tech Support: 1-855-381-7840 (24/7)

SHM Live Chat (7AM-10PM EST)

Alternatively you can reach out to us here @CommunityHelps. Find out how on our Blog.

Regarding the captcha that you mentioned though that certainly shouldn't be occurring. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of what you're seeing on that phone?

@RogersAndy

likonelu
I've been around
I can't log in to my smart home monitoring system from my cell phone

I called SMH Tech support - the recorded message claimed that they are aware of the issue but no timeline for a fix.

Hello, @likonelu & @westhead74

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We completely understand how important it is to have consistent access to the Smart Home Monitoring app to manage your home remotely.

The issue that many users were reporting surrounding logins has been resolved as of shortly before 4 PM EST on September 27th. If you are still having issues with logging in we'll be happy to address this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Raj672
I've been here awhile
Hi,
I am a new subscriber and the app isn't working on my Samsung note 9. After I enter my credentials, it shows a blank black screen and then cycles back to the login page. The tech showed the app on his phone, Samsung S8. Not sure what to do. I dont want to downgrade my phone just to use the app. Help!!

Good evening @Raj672 and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I realize how important it is to have access to the Rogers Smart home Monitoring App at all times. As RogersTony mentioned above, the login issue has been resolved. Do you have access to another device to check if you're able to log into the app?

Have you tried to clear the app cache? Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Raj672
I've been here awhile
@RogersZia
I tried from another device and I was able to get in.
It still doesn't work on my Note 9. Reinstalled app clear cache/data and same issue.

Hello @Raj672,

Thanks for getting back to us! 🙂

Since you are able to log in from a different device, it sounds like this issue may be specific to your S9 Note 9. Can you please answer a few more questions for us?

- Are you unable to access the app while using WiFi, mobile data, or both?

- Do you have the latest OS installed on your S9 Note 9?

- Since reinstalling the app and clearing your cache, have you tried rebooting your device before retesting?

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Raj672
I've been here awhile
@RogersYasmine

I have the Note 9. It doesn't matter whether I use wifi or cellular data, the app doesn't let me login.

Yes I have the latest Android software and have done all of what you requested. The problem is with the app not being compatible with Note 9. Can you ask someone to test it on their Galaxy Note 9?

Hello, @Raj672.

Thank you for trying app login on both WiFi and data connections. I couldn't replicate the issue you are experiencing on Note 9 and Note 10. 

Have you set any defaults for the app? Can you check the 'Set as default' option and clear defaults? You can access the option by navigating to Settings/Apps/Smart Home/Set as default.

Once you clear defaults, try signing in again. 

Please keep us posted!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation