cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go data pass

krist8
I plan to stick around

I have not been able to buy a 1 day data pass. In the past, if I tried to access a web site, it would ask me to purchase a pass. But it is no longer doing it  I also tried to text Yes to 3282. It took me to Rogers, but after a long wait, safari comes back with message that it cannot open page.

Can anyone or moderator tell me how to do it. 

Thanks

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pay as you go data pass

krist8
I plan to stick around

Thanks.  It means that infrequent users like me have to pay up a lot more for wireless service.  I think I'll complain to CRTC to see if they have any suggestions to help infrequent users.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMoin

Hello, @krist8.

Thank you for your post; the one-day data pass option is no longer available. However, you should be able to get monthly data pass. The self-serve option should be available through MyRogers, if not you can reach out to Pay As You Go support on phone by dialling 1 800 575 9090 and choosing option 4 - 4 - 1 to reach an agent quickly. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

krist8
I plan to stick around

Thanks.  It means that infrequent users like me have to pay up a lot more for wireless service.  I think I'll complain to CRTC to see if they have any suggestions to help infrequent users.

impala
I plan to stick around

What happened to Internet Day Pass?

I was very disappointed to discover last week that the Internet Day and Week Passes are no longer available for Rogers Pay as You Go. I have purchased and used the day pass a few times this year, but after purchasing last week I was not able to get online even though I was charged the $1 fee. I called Rogers to complain and the rep was very confused about the service and said it was discontinued quite some time ago.  I told him I have the mobile page bookmarked on my phone and the option is still available to purchase Day or Week Passes (it's still available as of today).

I'm not a big data user and can usually get by with wifi at home or on the road, but sometimes a data pass was nice when I was on the road and expecting an important email or message via a buy and sell site or something like that. In fact, the daily data pass was one of the main reasons I switched from Bell to Rogers many years ago.

Does anyone know of any other companies that provide a similar option? 

davidj
I plan to stick around

I'm in a similar situation...I have bookmarked the data day pass, but I see it isn't working any more. I have a $20/month plan with unlimited Canada wide calling and unlimited texting. There is no way to add data to this plan (I looked everywhere in MyRogers). The only option it gives is to change to a talk+text+data plan starting at $75/month. That doesn't make sense when I only need data once every month or two. I guess I can just live without it.

Rogers just wants you to start paying more and on a monthly basis regardless if you need data just once in a blue moon or not. How's Roger's behavior different from thugs and gangsters?

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation