cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go Call Forwarding?

michael1372
I'm here a lot

Just wondering if Call Forwarding is available for Pay As you Go. On the web pages says Call forwarding is good, but I can't activate it.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pay as you go Call Forwarding?

RogersMaude

Good evening @michael1372,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I want to help you resolve the issue you are experiencing.

As per the verifications I've made, you should have the ability to forward calls, even with a Pay As You Go account.

• What seems to be the reason why you can't activate it?

Call Forwarding is available with no monthly fee on your Pay As You Go phone.

Airtime charges apply to calls forwarded from your phone to another phone number.

Keep in mind that if you forward calls outside of your local calling area, long distance charges will apply.

To learn more on What is Call Forwarding and how is it charged on Pay As You Go?;

Check out this How To article!

For more information, on how to use the Call Forwarding feature on your mobile device, visit this page.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersMaude

Good evening @michael1372,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I want to help you resolve the issue you are experiencing.

As per the verifications I've made, you should have the ability to forward calls, even with a Pay As You Go account.

• What seems to be the reason why you can't activate it?

Call Forwarding is available with no monthly fee on your Pay As You Go phone.

Airtime charges apply to calls forwarded from your phone to another phone number.

Keep in mind that if you forward calls outside of your local calling area, long distance charges will apply.

To learn more on What is Call Forwarding and how is it charged on Pay As You Go?;

Check out this How To article!

For more information, on how to use the Call Forwarding feature on your mobile device, visit this page.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Thank you very much for the response. Actually I tried *21*, and get the "Error performing request Unkonw Error". Maybe I need to call the service to get more help?

Michael1372. What number exactly are you dialing. Are you pressing *21* then the SEND Key? Or are you dialing *21* <the 10 digit number you want to forward to> # then the SEND key? Please let us know

of cause it's *21*<10digit number>#. Thanks Pauly.

michael1372
I'm here a lot
Called Rogers customer service today and only got the instruction of call forwarding by e-mail. Problem still not solved.

Hey @michael1372,

Thank for updating us on the status of your call forwarding situation.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the problem.

Are you trying to activate the Unconditional, Conditional, Unreachable or No Reply call forwarding?

We need you to elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing, in order for us to help you resolve your issue.

Also, how are you trying it to come to the conclusion that it is not functional? What measures did you take?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Hi RogersMaude,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Here is what I have done to draw the conclusion:

1) Dial *21*(10-digit phone number)# from my phone, and send, get:

"Error performing request

Unknow Error

Setting Activation Failed

Voice Call Forwarding

on All Calls"

after that messsage, I also got a bunch of message: "Setting Activation Failed,  Data (Fax, SMS, Sync Data Circuit, Async Data Circuit, Packet Access, Pad Access) Call Forwarding on All Calls", total 8 sections

2) Try to dail *67*(10 digit phone number)#, *61*(10-digit phone number)#, *62*(10-digit phone number)#,

*004*(10-digit phone number)#, and send, get same message as above, only difference is the last line decribing the condition "When Busy", "When Unanswered", "When Unreachable".

3) Try to use this method:

*{Condition}*{NumberRetrieved}*{ServiceCode}#

Condition: There is three type of Condition as mentioned above, codes are here-
if Not Answered - 61
if Not Reachable - 62
if Busy - 67

Service Code

Voice - 11
Data - 25
Fax - 13

Get same result, only difference is the error message is shorter, only one section says "Voice Call Forwading", etc.

4) Switch SIM card to another smart phone, get same results

5) Switch SIM card to Nokia 3100b, the oldest phone I had 10 years ago, (amazing it's still working), and tried all codes above, get "Request not completed" error.

Please let me know if anything I missed. By the way, I had another Pay as you go number, and tried everthing as well, no screen response the call forwarding is successful activated.

Thanks

Michael

Hi @michael1372!

The instructions we've provided should work... are you using an official Rogers device or a non-Rogers unlocked device?

If it's an official Rogers device, it would be best if you called into Pay As You Go support for troubleshooting help. We can only provide basic troubleshooting and instructions for Pay Go here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

mic2074
I've been here awhile
Just wondering - I want to call forward my $120/yr pay as you go number to another phone. How does the minute charges work ? As the plan has free weeknights and weekends - when I receive calls during this period while my number is forwarded, is it still free ?

Hi @mic2074,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

It's always a good idea to clarify how charges work before any unexpected billing comes up. Have you had a chance to view the   How To article on What is Call Forwarding and how is it charged on Pay As You Go?

Call Forwarding is available with no monthly fee on Pay As You Go phones. Airtime charges apply to calls forwarded from your phone to another phone number. Long distance charges apply if forwarding calls to a long distance number.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

mic2074
I've been here awhile

So airtime charges apply regardless of what time the call is received ?  Since my pay as you go has unlimited free minutes during weeknights and weekends - does airtime charges apply during these periods, if I call forward to another phone, or is it still free ?  Thanks.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

my understanding is  that "airtime charges " are whatever applies to that phone at a given time .  So if it is free "airtime" time in that phones plan  it should be free ...  otherwise the price should be stated  at the specific rate ...like  "regular anytime" rates .   Perhaps  there is a definition  of airtime charges somewhere?

My question would be, if you are forwarding a call  to another cell phone  would regular "airtime" rates apply  and would you end up paying for the call on both phones  if they  were both outside of free  "airtime" ?

Hi @mic2074,

As long as you call forward to a local number there is no additional charge during your unlimited airtime window. If you call forward to a long distance number in the same window, additional charges apply.

@barndoor,

To answer your question, airtime charges would apply to phone A (assuming it's a Rogers PayGo device) however any applicable charges for the second phone would depend on the plan and service provider.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Thank you  for the clarification . Smiley Happy

So if i call forward to another phone, i still use my minutes from the original account?

Hello @steve1313

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂 

That is correct call forwarding would still use minutes from your original account as it would still be going through your phone plan before forwarding to the second line.

If your plan has unlimited evenings and weekends during those periods you would not have to worry about using up the minutes when call forwarding.

Regards,

RogersTony

I'm still having the same problem as the OP  (three and a half years later).  The instructions online do NOT work - they just return a slew of error messages after locking up the phone for a minute or so.  Why is it still not possible to set this up through MyRogers, *611, or some other method than the non-functional * switches?  Everything online says Pay As You Go includes Call Forwarding, but if there's no way to activate it, obviously it doesn't include it at all.  Please offer a REAL solution, not just the form responses provided so far.

@CultureOfOne : I'm not sure why it won't work for you, however, have you tried contacting the PAYGo reps?  Please use the following link and follow the instructions carefully. It's the only way to get PAYGo assistance. I have always found them most helpful.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

Update to my previous post: After delving through numerous *611 directories, I found an activation switch for call forwarding (with no prompt to add a number to which to forward, which makes me question what purpose it serves).  I have been able to get unconditional call forwarding set up, but none of the conditional options work (and those are the ones I need; I don't want all calls forwarded, just the once I can't answer).  I've already confirmed that my voicemail has never been activated, so that isn't the issue (as nobody can use voicemail and conditional call forwarding).  Has anybody successfully activated conditional call forwarding on a on Pay As You Go phone?

On a side note: I also found out Rogers charges Pay As You Go customers for each text message every time it sends out a verification code, so forgetting your password can be costly!

Thanks, 57.  I'll check that out!

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 in conversation