How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

Does anyone know how to cancel a pay as you go account?

The 1-800-575-9090 phone number has NO options to speak with a human being. And of course live chat is unavailable for pay as you go customers.

I am very uncomfortable with rogers having my personal information and I want all of it, including credit card numbers deleted from the system. There is no way to do this via myrogers.

thanks.

***Added Labels***

Re: How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

Hi @vgh,

Welcome to the Community!

The best way to complete the cancellation of your Prepaid line would be to get in touch with one of our Prepaid agents.

Please dial 1-800-575-9090, after selecting the language in which you wish to continue, press 4, then press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

One of our representatives will be able to complete your request.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

No this does not help. Perhaps you should try the number yourself and you will see that THERE IS NO OPTION TO SPEAK WITH A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ARE NO PREPAID AGENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else know?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

In my experience the prepaid people only answer during regular business hours or there abouts.  9- 5  Mon-Fri  only

edited to update my experience  ... I actually just called  ... and they answered the phone on a Saturday  so not sure what your problem is @vgh.  You do want to speak to someone urgently  don't you ? Smiley Wink

Pay go business must be picking up  if open more hours ...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

But,.... Rogers ... I  do think it is rather  inconsiderate   of you to have a long  pause after the last  choice and   before offering that option of speaking to someone if you have an urgent matter. it does make it seem  like  there are no other options. And the time I pressed one before the option  it didn't work and  if I had not known better I would have given  up . 

I'm a Senior Advisor

vgh wrote:

Does anyone know how to cancel a pay as you go account?

The 1-800-575-9090 phone number has NO options to speak with a human being. And of course live chat is unavailable for pay as you go customers.

I am very uncomfortable with rogers having my personal information and I want all of it, including credit card numbers deleted from the system. There is no way to do this via myrogers.

A couple of people have already posted how to reach a live agent for Rogers PayGo.

As I understand it, you no longer want to use your PayGo account, so would like to completely delete it so Rogers won't have any of your information saved. Do you have any other Rogers services? If so, they will still have your information.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Got a Pay as You Go SIM card since i was staying only 15 days in Canada and they said i could cancel it online afterwards. I tried and apparently you can only do it by calling to a Rogers agent, and it seems like i can't call to 1-800-575-9090 or even 1-416-935-5555 (number for people out of Canada and the US).

Does anyone know what can i do to get the SIM card cancelled?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Click MYROGERS at the top of the page, then your PayGo account number (if the choice pops up) then Profile & Settings.  Next click ADD/REMOVE ACCOUNTS.

I've Been Here Awhile

Cancel Pay-as-you-go plan from abroad

Hello,

After a dozen attempts to try and cancel my pay-as-you-go plan over the phone, I have resorted to this forum for help. I have moved abroad (outside North America) and no longer need this service. This process is far more frustrating than it needs to be. I believe I finally got to the correct place after numerous channels, only to hear that my account needed to be topped up before speaking to someone. So I went ahead and topped up, called back through to the same place, and again was instructed to top-up!? 

I just need to cancel my pay-as-you-go service. That's it. I can be a very civil and patient person, but this has pushed my limits, Rogers. The other forums were not helpful. Please, help!

I'm a Senior Advisor

If your account needs to be topped up to continue with it, just don't top it up.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation