cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

vgh
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know how to cancel a pay as you go account?

The 1-800-575-9090 phone number has NO options to speak with a human being. And of course live chat is unavailable for pay as you go customers.

I am very uncomfortable with rogers having my personal information and I want all of it, including credit card numbers deleted from the system. There is no way to do this via myrogers.

thanks.

***Added Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@Rmoroso wrote:

Its understood a postpaid plan does have a monthly end date with no carry over where a pay-as-you-go does have a carry over. I realize that it is up to Roger's discretion what they do with my accumulated balance, but I was just hoping that they are good corporate citizens.

I agree with @57 and especially his #2 comment . 

I'm assuming from your comments that you have a bit of a balance ... Unless you stay with Rogers in some form that balance will likely be lost .  

Before you call in check out the monthly Pay go plans and see if there is anything there that even remotely suits your needs . At least them you could use up your balance .  I suspect that if your balance is sizeable   and with a bit of negotiation  if you switched to a monthly pay go plan you may not even have to add money on a monthly basis  and you could use up a bunch of that balance. 

Good Luck .

edited to ad : It used to be if I pressed the  '@' key a list of those commenting in the thread would appear in a drop down box  and one could easily and accurately be selected if you wanted to draw their attention.   It seems that feature has been done away with in the last round of improvements  ? ?

impala
I plan to stick around

If I cancel my Rogers prepaid account will I get a refund for the balance remaining? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@impala : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. As discussed here, if you go from Prepaid to Postpaid with Rogers, you may be able to transfer your balance. If leaving Rogers, you will not get any credit, so I suggest you use up your minutes. You may contact the PAYGo people as indicated below to confirm:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

This is FAR to complicated! Why don't you make the cancellation easier to access. It's all about customer service and user satisfaction - both not really the strength of Rogers 😞  One thing's for sure: due to being far too complicated, I won't ever use a Rogers Pay as you go again!

Good morning @Dodson65,

Welcome to the Community :)!

We strive to ensure we're providing a good experience to all our customers. Have you had a chance to speak to our Pay as You Go team?

It's actually rather simple to get in touch with them, you can do so by calling in at 1-800-575-9090. After selecting the language in which you wish to continue, press 4, then press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation