cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

vgh
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know how to cancel a pay as you go account?

The 1-800-575-9090 phone number has NO options to speak with a human being. And of course live chat is unavailable for pay as you go customers.

I am very uncomfortable with rogers having my personal information and I want all of it, including credit card numbers deleted from the system. There is no way to do this via myrogers.

thanks.

***Added Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

RogersZia

Hi @vgh,

Welcome to the Community!

The best way to complete the cancellation of your Prepaid line would be to get in touch with one of our Prepaid agents.

Please dial 1-800-575-9090, after selecting the language in which you wish to continue, press 4, then press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

One of our representatives will be able to complete your request.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

vgh
I've been here awhile

No this does not help. Perhaps you should try the number yourself and you will see that THERE IS NO OPTION TO SPEAK WITH A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ARE NO PREPAID AGENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else know?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

In my experience the prepaid people only answer during regular business hours or there abouts.  9- 5  Mon-Fri  only

edited to update my experience  ... I actually just called  ... and they answered the phone on a Saturday  so not sure what your problem is @vgh.  You do want to speak to someone urgently  don't you ? Smiley Wink

Pay go business must be picking up  if open more hours ...

barndoor

But,.... Rogers ... I  do think it is rather  inconsiderate   of you to have a long  pause after the last  choice and   before offering that option of speaking to someone if you have an urgent matter. it does make it seem  like  there are no other options. And the time I pressed one before the option  it didn't work and  if I had not known better I would have given  up . 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@vgh wrote:

Does anyone know how to cancel a pay as you go account?

The 1-800-575-9090 phone number has NO options to speak with a human being. And of course live chat is unavailable for pay as you go customers.

I am very uncomfortable with rogers having my personal information and I want all of it, including credit card numbers deleted from the system. There is no way to do this via myrogers.

A couple of people have already posted how to reach a live agent for Rogers PayGo.

As I understand it, you no longer want to use your PayGo account, so would like to completely delete it so Rogers won't have any of your information saved. Do you have any other Rogers services? If so, they will still have your information.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Got a Pay as You Go SIM card since i was staying only 15 days in Canada and they said i could cancel it online afterwards. I tried and apparently you can only do it by calling to a Rogers agent, and it seems like i can't call to 1-800-575-9090 or even 1-416-935-5555 (number for people out of Canada and the US).

Does anyone know what can i do to get the SIM card cancelled?

Click MYROGERS at the top of the page, then your PayGo account number (if the choice pops up) then Profile & Settings.  Next click ADD/REMOVE ACCOUNTS.

KeithL3535
I've been here awhile

Cancel Pay-as-you-go plan from abroad

Hello,

After a dozen attempts to try and cancel my pay-as-you-go plan over the phone, I have resorted to this forum for help. I have moved abroad (outside North America) and no longer need this service. This process is far more frustrating than it needs to be. I believe I finally got to the correct place after numerous channels, only to hear that my account needed to be topped up before speaking to someone. So I went ahead and topped up, called back through to the same place, and again was instructed to top-up!? 

I just need to cancel my pay-as-you-go service. That's it. I can be a very civil and patient person, but this has pushed my limits, Rogers. The other forums were not helpful. Please, help!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

If your account needs to be topped up to continue with it, just don't top it up.

barndoor
@KeithL3535 wrote:

So I went ahead and topped up, called back through to the same place, and again was instructed to top-up!? 

I just need to cancel my pay-as-you-go service. That's it. I can be a very civil and patient person, but this has pushed my limits, Rogers. The other forums were not helpful. Please, help!

I agree with @OLDYELLR ... just don't pay them anymore .  Sad turn of events that you tried to inform the service provider that you wanted to cancel and they in turn took more of  your money  but it is the nature of the beast I'm afraid and best to consider it a paid for  lesson  of what can be expected at times  .  Smiley Wink

KeithL3535
I've been here awhile

It doesn't give any other options, and I was afraid I would hit a dead-end. I thought it would give me a chance to at least talk to someone, and then I could figure out how to get refunded. 

barndoor

@KeithL3535  ....You could  call the 1 800 575 9090 number.Take option 4 ,then option 4 ,then option 1 and that will get you to a real people . You could ask  if they will refund  but I will be very surprised if they do .  I know when I cancelled a postpaid plan there was still twenty dollars on account and I was assured twice they would refund it .....but it never showed up  .....so until it is actually in your hand I would have no expectations . Smiley Wink 

Rmoroso
I've been here awhile

I have a Pay As You Go account with a significant balance. If I cancel my phone and by extension my account, will Roger's payout the outstanding balance to me?

Hello, @Rmoroso.

Thank you for joining and for posting your query in the Community.

Can you please explain what you mean by "cancel my phone"? For Pay As You Go service, you would have already purchased the phone. 

It's better to utilize the unused minutes as they are not credited. However, please reach out to Pay As You Go support at 1-800-575-9090 for accurate information. To reach a representative quickly you can press 4, then 4, and 1. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rmoroso wrote:

...will Roger's payout the outstanding balance to me?

As mentioned by @RogersMoin above, it's highly unlikely that Rogers will pay the balance to you.  Although @RogersMoin  says no,  sometimes Rogers may credit another service with Rogers (if you maintain Rogers services)  For example, when people changed from their grandfathered "AnyTime" PAYGo plan, some people had the outstanding balance transferred to a post-paid phone contract.

With Rogers you often get what you negotiate, however, if you have no leverage (like other expensive services, etc), then it's unlikely you'll get to negotiate much.  You're likely to be far better off utilizing the outstanding balance yourself. 

As discussed in various PAYGo threads, it's not a good idea to have a significant balance and Rogers have even "forced" people to reduce their PAYGo balances to less than $150 as of the end of 2018, although that was rescinded at the last minute (See PAYGo threads on minimum balance, etc.)

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

As @57  mentioned, you may be able negotiate and get your outstanding balance credited to a Rogers postpaid cellphone plan if you're staying with Rogers. I assume you're moving away from PayGo to postpaid, but if it's not Rogers, you're stuck with the air time you bought, no refunds. Consider it the same as having a postpaid plan and not using it to its full extent. But if you want to stay with Rogers PayGo, you can call PayGo at 1-800-575-9090 and ask for  $100 of your balance to be applied for another year.

Last year for a long time we were informed that by the end of the year we would lose any balance over $150 and should use it or apply the excess towards a renewal.  Mine was a bit over, but I never lost that, so I'm wondering if Rogers even carried through with the threat.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Last year for a long time we were informed that by the end of the year we would lose any balance over $150 ...I'm wondering if Rogers even carried through with the threat.

They did not, as I mentioned in  my previous post and as discussed at the end of the thread discussing it.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/New-Pay-As-You-Go-Maximum-Balance/m-p/436810#M29...

Rmoroso
I've been here awhile

I am indeed considering leaving Roger's as I am planning to move to a monthly postpaid talk, and data plan, and I find that All the Roger's plans are way too expensive.

Since a pay-as-go plan requires me to renew the plan before it expires or loose any accumulated funds, it's not quiet the same as a postpaid plan. Its understood a postpaid plan does have a monthly end date with no carry over where a pay-as-you-go does have a carry over. I realize that it is up to Roger's discretion what they do with my accumulated balance, but I was just hoping that they are good corporate citizens.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rmoroso wrote:

1. Since a pay-as-go plan requires me to renew the plan before it expires or loose any accumulated funds,

2. pay-as-you-go does have a carry over. 

1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean be "renew". It's possible to go to a monthly Auto-top up ($10/mo?) or similar plan and make sure that you use the money up by the time you leave.  You don't need to "renew" for a year with a voucher for example.

2. You must be on the old Grandfathered Anytime plan. The new plans don't have any carry-over.  I suggest you discuss this with Rogers PAYGo people and see what they can do for you. I have found the PAYGo people most receptive to discussions.  Use the following instructions to contact them:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Rmoroso, you can call the pay as you go customer service and speak to an agent who can put the cancellation request in for your account. once its cancelled you loose your account as well as phone number.

if you have a phone number people will remember and want to keep it, then you can "port" your number to another provider, this will automatically trigger a cancellation with rogers wireless so you do not have to contact them to cancel your account, but yes you lose any air time balance you have remaining
Topic Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation