cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phones sharing one number

Dstasiuk
I've been here awhile

Can’t seem to find any recent info on this topic.

I would like to have two phones sharing the same number - one for regular use and a different one for harsher use. However I would like all text history to be present on both without any intervention prior to grabbing the other phone.

Is this possible?

*** Edited Labels ***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Two phones sharing one number

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

For one phone at a time just move the sim card from one to the other. But I think the history will stay on the phone that received it.

Ya can't gave two live phone with the same number. Swap simple over.

Dstasiuk
I've been here awhile
That is the issue - incomplete text history - part ends up one each phone. Otherwise aim swap would be fine. 😩

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've always been curious about this. What would happen if you ordered and paid for an extra SIM from Rogers and put it into a second phone?  As long as you don't call from from one phone to the other, or use both phones at the same time is this possible or does the system somehow detect the two phones and deny access to one? 

Is it possible to have this work if you turn one phone completely off when using the other phone?

Of course text history would again be on the phone used at that time, which doesn't help the OP.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
The reason why you cant seem to find any info on this is because it is not possible. The way the system was designed is to have one phone number per handset. Even of you order a new sim card activate it and put it in a phone the system can only have one sim card registered at a time so it will deactivate the other one and your back at square one.

Sorry but this is not possible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for that.  I forgot that the SIM would also have some sort of identification associated with it, other than the phone number.  I was thinking that it would simply be a "duplicate" of the one I already have, when obviously it's not.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every SIM Card has a unique ICCID number attached to it, you can have only ONE of this ICCID attached to your account profile. they can NOT be spoofed or Hacked, thank god because we would be in big trouble if that were to happen.

The actual phone number is on the back end systems, not the sim card itself, you may find your phone number entry on your sim card but its purely cosmetical and the network does not utilize that field

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation