cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting an Issue via the App

KNIGHTbr
I've been here awhile

So last Monday I reported via the Rogers app that Internet was not working. Which was during the massive outage.

Supports response was that there was no issues with the network it must be my phone.

Anyone else experience this?

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Reporting an Issue via the App

RogersTony

Hello, @KNIGHTbr

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, we hope that you will stay awhile. 🙂

I can imagine how disappointing it was to experience this outage and then to receive that response from support must have only added to the frustration.

Any major outages, including the recent wireless outage, will be reported directly here in the community forums. You can find a link to our Rogers Service Interruptions board by clicking here. It is a quick way to check to see if there is a service interruption before you reach out to us.

Thanks so much for all of your patience regarding the service interruption.

RogersTony

KNIGHTbr
I've been here awhile

Thank you for responding.

So basically the in app reporting via the Rogers app is a waste of my time to use?

Hello again, @KNIGHTbr

The MyNetwork tool is designed to report connectivity issues with specific cellular towers in the area that you are currently in.

The outage that occurred last Monday was not a typical outage where there was an issue with a specific tower. It was due to a software update. This type of outage almost never happens and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

We would still recommend reviewing the MyNetwork feature and report any connectivity issues you experience. When you have reported an issue via the app it is forwarded to one of our wireless network engineers who can investigate the issue and work to improve the signal in the areas reported.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation