cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issues

Shinyballs
I've been here awhile
So..recently on my iPhone I noticed people were not receiving my MMS texts, but I could receive theirs. I didn’t pay much attention as I was set to get a new phone but now with my new Apple 13, the problem still persists. I contacted Rogers support and we ran multiple tests texting MMS texts with no success.. I also went to the retail store, where we also ran the same tests with no success. After multiple frustrating calls to Roger support a ticket was opened.. after waiting patiently for a response I called about my ticket status. I’ve been informed it’s been referred to tier 2 and I shall hear back soon.
27 REPLIES 27

Re: MMS issues

Shinyballs
I've been here awhile
Everyone seems stumped and I’m about ready to lose it. Has anyone ever come across a problem like this this is insane.

Good day @Shinyballs,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

The first step would be to try turning your phone off and waiting for 30 seconds before turning it back on. Sometimes this can help. For steps on how to restart an iPhone or Android phone, visit Restart your wireless phone.

Picture message, also know as MMS, is an option on the iPhone that can be turned off. To make sure it is on, please follow the steps below:

• Select Settings.
  • Select Messages.
  • Ensure the MMS option is turned on and showing green.

If the problem you are having is with one contact only, delete the contact and all the messages you have from that person on your phone. Ask the contact to do the same. Once that is done, test the picture message before adding them back to your contacts.

If you can, try putting your SIM card in another device and try to send a MMS from that different device. This will help narrow down whether it's an issue on your account or originating from your device.

Picture Text only works when cellular data on the phone is turned on. Although it doesn’t use cellular data, and you don’t need a data plan for it to work, it does still need to be turned on. To make sure data is on, please follow the steps below.

Apple iPhone

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Cellular.
  3. Turn on Cellular Data so you see the green.

Android

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Connections. (sometimes called Network and Internet on different software versions)
  3. Select Data Usage.
  4. Ensure Mobile data is turned on. (Sometimes called Cellular Data depending on your software version)

Could you let us know when the issue started, what type of messaging app and/ or if you tried any troubleshooting steps? If the issue persists, we'd like to further assist you!

RogersMaude

Shinyballs
I've been here awhile
I’ve been having these issues for over a month, it started on my old device and still persists..I have tied all of these suggestions, I have been through numerous calls with no fix..the ticket has been closed as they seem the issue fixed, which it is not..I’m ready to leave rogers, this is unacceptable.

Hello @Shinyballs!

I see that we are currently assisting you via PM. 🙂 I definitely understand how this situation would be less than ideal and we appreciate your patience as we continue to troubleshoot with you. Hopefully, we can help you find a solution to this problem. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

I’m not very hopeful as rogers has failed on this issue for over a month, in fact I’m being made to feel like I’m being told there’s nothing wrong. The only time i feel any confidence that rogers understand this issue is when I was at the retail location with team members witnessing the problem. If this ticket does not fix my problem then When I get the free time I will be going back to the retail store to and cancelling my service along with my 3 other family members lines. I’m disappointed and baffled that had not been fixed. We pay nearly $500 for these lines monthly and I’m taking my business elsewhere if this is not elevated to a capable technician or department.

Joaner
I plan to stick around
Same issue here. New one this morning also regarding proxy password? So maddening.

Joaner
I plan to stick around
Did you solve your problem. I’m about to lose it too!

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Day @Joaner

Thanks for your contribution to the conversation! Yikes! We're sorry to hear the issues you've been plagued with. 😢 Have you had a chance to take a peak at the suggestions that @RogersMaude posted on this thread? I just have a few questions in order to get this ironed out for you. 

With reference to the proxy password, are you getting a request to enter a password for proxy authentication?  

Do you have a VPN installed and enabled?  

If so, are you able to disable first and then check for the same issue? If the issue persists, may I suggest removing the VPN altogether from Settings > General > VPN? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

RogersJo

Joaner
I plan to stick around
Don’t know how but the proxy password has disappeared. I have never used the VPN on either of my phones. Do I just delete it? I think it came with Norton.

Greetings @Joaner!

If you've never used a VPN, I wouldn't worry about deleting any apps from your device at this time.

I would recommend that we try a network settings reset as the next step. What kind of device are you using? I can provide you with directions if you're not familiar with this step. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Joaner
I plan to stick around
Please provide direction. Thank you!

What kind of device are you using @Joaner?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Joaner
I plan to stick around
14 Pro

Okay, great! Thank you.

If you're using iOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Should this not work, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Joaner
I plan to stick around

Have sent a message to community helps.

johnny2toes
I've been around
Any luck with this? I've had the same issue for a couple months. Can't send photos or group texts but can receive.

Are your APN settings set correctly? Photos and group texts use MMS or data depending on the type of device and what texting app is being used.

Joaner
I plan to stick around
Same issue with me. Cannot send texts or a group with an android. Also cannot send photos or screenshots to an android. I can text them individually. Sometimes out of the blue it works though. Will a new sim fix it. Or switching carriers?

trumansc
I've been around

This issue has been a problem for years on my end now. 

You need to set your iMessage to send as SMS/MMS for each non-Apple contact manually. Carriers have nothing to do with iMessage as all iMessages use data and go through Apple's servers.
Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation