cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing Into MyRogers App Difficult With Disabilities

Discriminates12
I've been here awhile

What is the point of a Rogers app? I've had a stroke that's left visual and perception issues (the spaces between words and letters on a keyboard are not the way others see them) having to sign in EVERY TIME I use the app, it can take up to an hour with constantly fighting to get the letters and numbers where they belong. I've tried to find disability support with Rogers it's been 4 hours to get this far. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Signing Into MyRogers App Difficult With Disabilities

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which app (or website) specifically are you talking about?  Most of them have a "remember me" option when you sign in.  This places a cookie on the computer or device so that the next time you launch the app or use a bookmark to go to the website, the information is already filled in. This doesn't happen for every website - for example this forum requires you to fill in the password, but it should remember your username.  Many remember both if you ask them to.

Perhaps you can get someone reliable that you trust to help you with this.  You could even have them fill in all but the last password character the first time.

Discriminates12
I've been here awhile
I've signed in twice to get here. I've checked the box to remember user name and password but it still requires me to sign in once in the app and again on this sight

Sorry to hear that you need to fill in the username.  I do not.  You need to have the browser enabled to accept cookies - sometimes this can be turned off.  Cookies are not a panacea, but can sometimes be helpful.

Do you have any accessibility options on your computer like using speech instead of typing?  There may be others that I'm not familiar with, but may be available to someone with your condition.  I taught myself touch typing 40 years ago, so I don't need to look at the keyboard when typing.  Good Luck.

You mention "the app". Which app are you talking about?  Are you using a device like a tablet or phone, or are you using a computer like a laptop or desktop?

Discriminates12
I've been here awhile

I have received 6 plus community mailers and I don't have a magnifying glass strong enough to read them I've signed in 12 times in the last hour and I realized I'll have to get my worker to contact a lawyer so as to send a request to Rogers to make my account accessable because of my disabilities...

I set up my log in for remember me and facial recognition. I try it a couple of times to insure it works and later when I come back it has all disappeared and I have to log in manually. Any suggestions?

I've checked every box to remember user name and password it's taken now a dozen sign ins to get to this page

Are you saying that Rogers is the only website that causes you these sorts of problems?  You have not answered my questions as to what you're using to access this forum - a computer with browser, or a tablet with an undefined app, which you have not clarified.

Those e-mails you mention are probably just telling you that someone has responded to your posts (me).

I'm not sure what Rogers has for accessibility options.  Perhaps someone else knows more about that topic.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you're talking about the MyRogers App, I read in another thread that deleting the app and downloading the latest app may help with some of the issues. This is apparently true even if you already have the latest version.

I'm not having any issues with the MyRogers app at this time on my iPad.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation