cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite App not working. Problem with Airplay using Ipad and Homepod Mini

Alph
I plan to stick around

Recently purchased a HomePod Mini and while I can use the Ignite App on my Ipad with no problems, if I attempt to move the audio portion of the stream from my Ipad to the HomePad via Airplay, the video will stop. Weirdly, I can still see the screen in a small PiP portion of the screen, but watching in full screen does not work. Is the Ignite App broken or is another setting required?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite App not working. Problem with Airplay using Ipad and Homepod Mini

Tmothy12
I'm a reliable contributor
The new version of the Ignite TV app now supports AirPlay. I'm not sure if works for HomePod specifically.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rogers Ignite App not working. Problem with Airplay using Ipad and Homepod Mini

RogersTony

Hello, @Alph

Thanks so much for posting your inquiry on using airplay with the Ignite TV app.

Airplay is currently not supported by the Ignite TV app. If you'd like to cast using the app you will need to use a Chromecast device.

RogersTony

Alph
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply. Seems rather arbitrary to support Chromecast but not Airplay. Is this something they are working on?

I don't have any news to share about Ignite TV Airplay support right now... but if support should come, you can be sure we'll blog about it here. Please stay tuned! 🙂

You may also be interested to know that the Sportsnet NOW app supports Airplay!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Joxer
I plan to stick around

All that it needs is to be unblocked.  AirPlay doesn't require anything other than removing your dumb licensing restriction from the app.  Don't even start me on there isn't a AppleTV app that fully removes the need for your IP box taking up an HDMI connection.  Or a WebOS for LG, like Crave.  And then I remember how little I watch TV and think the best way to get rid of the extra box is to stop subscribing altogether.  It's like you are forcing off people - great idea when the next generation isn't subscribing to cable TV anymore.

Coosty1966
I've been around
100% It’s like they want subscribers to bail! Lol. Been one for 30+ years and actually feel dumb that I haven’t yet left. I watch everything through an Apple TV device. They should have an AppleTV app by now let alone being able to cast. Joke.

Tmothy12
I'm a reliable contributor
The new version of the Ignite TV app now supports AirPlay. I'm not sure if works for HomePod specifically.

The update now works on airplay to Roku Express 4k from Ignite on Ipad.

roku

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation