cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received SMS verification code but didn’t ask for one

Fuiru
I've been around

Hi, I just got a text message from the usual Rogers number (where I’ve received messages before) with a verification code. I didn’t request one, should I assume that someone is trying to access my account?

Thanks

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Received SMS verification code but didn’t ask for one

RogersTony

Hello, @Fuiru

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how concerning it is to get a 2FA code without actually requesting one. It is possible someone may be trying to gain unauthorized access to one of your accounts. I would recommend changing your passwords as a safety precaution and ensure to use a strong password.

RogersTony

missedFG
I plan to stick around

I received an SMS yesterday from phone number 6507 with a text message seemingly like 2FA code:

"Your Rogers code is ____"

I don't recall Rogers having 2FA for their accounts and it seems simple enough (no fishy links I don't think) that it almost makes me uneasy. Has anyone else seen this?

Hello, @missedFG.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your query in the Community; you'll get the code when you try to sign in to the MyRogers app using your wireless number as shown in the image below:

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

missedFG
I plan to stick around

Thanks. I was informed via online chat that there would be an investigation into this as I did not request the code. It seems like there may have been multiple users doing this.

Will we be informed of the findings of that investigation? I'd like to know if my password was compromised or if this was some other glitch or exploit (where my password wasn't compromised). I've changed it anyway but would prefer to know.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation