cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Subtitles While Casting From Ignite TV App

Samm337
I've been around

I recently started casting live tv and on demand from the Ignite TV app to my TV. There are white subtitles appearing on everything I watch. All options under accessibility in the app are turned off. Subtitles are also turned off in my settings of my phone as well. How do I get the faint white subtitles removed?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Persistent Subtitles While Casting From Ignite TV App

RogersJermaine

Good Evening @Samm337,

Thank you for your very first post and welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the app and all its features. Subtitles can be very helpful, but I do understand how it can also take away from the full screen experience. 

If you have already turned off the CC from the Accessibility settings in the Ignite App, one other place that you can check to make sure it is off is under the Playback Controls.
While you are playing a show or movie you will see a small icon in the bottom right of the screen above the progress bar.
If you click on that you will see another option for Closed Captioning that may be turned on. Let us know if that works. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Persistent Subtitles While Casting From Ignite TV App

RogersJermaine

Good Evening @Samm337,

Thank you for your very first post and welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the app and all its features. Subtitles can be very helpful, but I do understand how it can also take away from the full screen experience. 

If you have already turned off the CC from the Accessibility settings in the Ignite App, one other place that you can check to make sure it is off is under the Playback Controls.
While you are playing a show or movie you will see a small icon in the bottom right of the screen above the progress bar.
If you click on that you will see another option for Closed Captioning that may be turned on. Let us know if that works. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation