cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers App - Login Issues With reCAPTCHA

dy1960
I'm here a lot

Sorry if this is a repost, but when I tried posting from my iPad things seemed to stall when I tried to submit.

Anyway, after months of getting an under maintenance message every time I tried the app from my iPad over wifi, with the latest version I repeatedly get an "i am not a robot" prompt.  Even if I select the correct captcha images, it just cycles back to that same prompt.  (I do not get a login screen before the prompt.)

*Edited title/labels*

19 REPLIES 19

Re: MyRogers App - Login Issues With reCAPTCHA

RogersMoin

Hello, @dy1960.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community, seeing reCAPTCHA during authentication on the app is quite rare. What is the app version are you running on the iPad?

Are you able to sign-in to MyRogers on another device?

On the iPad, you can use the browser to access the desktop version of MyRogers at rogers.com/myrogers. Can you please try signing in this way? 

We need to figure out if the issue is MyRogers profile or app related. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Thanks for trying to help out.

I am typing this reply from my iPad after successfully logging in via Firefox.

Weird thing was that at first I seem to have been redirected to an under maintenance page, then full Rogers website finally appeared, then I used the drop down menu to login to MyRogers.

The app version is the one released 3 or so days ago.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin wrote:

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community, seeing reCAPTCHA during authentication on the app is quite rare. 

True but since yesterday, I also started seeing the reCAPTCHA challenge when I log in.

I neglected to answer your questions about other devices.

For me, the iPad via wifi is the only option.  Our Rogers devices are an iPhone that is too old to run the app and a flip phone.

There were earlier iterations of the app that did work on the iPad, but that was quite a while ago.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @dy1960!

Thank you for your patience with this reCAPTCHA issue. We are in the process of seeing the issue within the app resolved and should ideally be completed within 48 hours. I'm unable to provide an exact time frame but an update to resolve this is coming. Thank you for your understanding.

@RogersAndy 

Any idea how long until this problem is addressed?  Just tried the latest update and still get an endless cycle of robot checks.

Hello, @dy1960

I can imagine how frustrating it is dealing with the reCAPTCHA checks when you try to use your app. Can you confirm what app version number you are using? 

It sounds like there could be an issue with your MyRogers profile. We'll need to pull up your information to take a closer look. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

It is version 5.14.2

I can’t seem to get the send box in the Private Message window to accept @CommunityHelps or CommunityHelps as a valid username to send to.  Perhaps that userid could send me a message and I could respond?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It should, provided you type in the entire username after @.  @CommunityHelps.  You can also simply click on the hyperlink in your or my post and click "send this user a PM" in red on the right side of the screen.

You can also use the following instructions:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You need to be logged in.

dy1960
I'm here a lot
Just in case this info is useful to anyone in the future, it looks like it might have been "adblocker" that was preventing the PM address entry to malfunction. Thanks 57! And thanks to RogersTony for all of the time and effort you put in to this. Greatly appreciated!!!

Marsmaloo
I've been around

Anyone here not able to use their Rogers App? It keeps on asking for a “I’m not a robot” verification but then it still does not work.

nmacafee
I've been around

Just adding my comment that I cannot log in to MyRogers App either. Hitting Capcha prompt which I cannot get by. 

Good morning @Marsmaloo and @nmacafee,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention, you've definitely come to the right place :). May I know what device are you guys using?

If you are Apple users, please update the app to the latest version 5.17.2, the update will remove the reCAPTCHA authentication during the login. 

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor

So what's the deal with Captcha appearing on the My Rogers app?
This is happening when I'm using Cellular Data on my phone.
It's annoying & unnecessary!

I am getting the same thing. On Sportsnet and TSN, its asking for a Captcha but it does not work. I am unable to sign in on any of the pages. This is happing to Rogers only, no issues with Any other providers.  Rogers is so annoying with all the issues i keep facing, If its not one thing its another. 

Greetings @SImpleton_99!

Can you confirm that you're currently running the most up to date version of the apps and your devices operating system?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hgcfhhmji
I've been here awhile

I am having this same issue. I cannot get past the not a robot/captcha when trying to log in to the CTV app or the CTV News app. I am using an ipad with the latest OS and I have reinstalled the ctv apps several times...log in still will not work. Stuck on not a robot. Is there a solution to this issue?

Hey @Hgcfhhmji,

Thanks for posting and congrats on this being your first post here in the community! Hopefully, you are doing well and staying safe. 🙂

It can definitely be annoying to end up in a loop of endless reCAPTCHAs and "I'm not a robot" checks! I've been there a few times myself! 

If possible, I'd just like to clarify a few things:

- Were you previously able to login to these CTV apps on the mentioned iPad or via any other devices? If so, when did this issue first begin? 
- Have you tried via a web browser to see if this makes any difference? 
- Are you able to use the same login credentials to successfully access any other Rogers apps or does the same thing happen?

It may be helpful to clear the cache, reboot your device and try again.

Thanks so much!

RogersLaura

Hgcfhhmji
I've been here awhile

Thank you for replying.

Yes, they had worked previously. So, I tried logging in through my browser on my ipad, and that gave me specific instructions for setting privacy settings and enabling tracking which then enabled log-in on the browser. I then re-downloaded the apps, enabled tracking (I guess that's the only way the app will work) and was able to proceed past the recaptcha part of the log-in. So it's working now. I'm surmising that the latest OS update that had that option for telling apps not to track was likely why it stopped working.

Not sure why I am not able to use these apps without tracking turned on. Seems a questionable privacy ask. But, here we are.

Thank you for the assist!

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 in conversation