cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers Account Showing Cancelled After Move Request

ElijahAgathos
I've been around

I just called and got setup a move of my services to later in June... I just looked and my account says it is cancelled.

Is this suppose too happen for an address change?

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: MyRogers Account Showing Cancelled After Move Request

RogersYasmine

Good day, @ElijahAgathos!

Welcome to the community, we hope you like it here! 😊 

When setting up a move request, this should certainly not cause any disturbance to your account and services leading up to the scheduled move date. It is definitely odd that your account is showing cancelled online. 

I would recommend that you reach back out to our Moves Concierge team so that they may look into this for you and ensure that everything is set up correctly. 

By Phone: 1-855-759-5857

Hours of Operation:

• Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (ET)
  • Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (ET)
  • Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (ET)

Live Chat with an agent: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

From the 'Contact us' page, select: Moving? > Live Chat to begin chatting.

Hours of Operation:

• Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)
  • Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)
  • Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)

I am confident that our Moves team will be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Re: MyRogers Account Showing Cancelled After Move Request

Hello ElijahAgathos,

I had a similar experience and I think I know why this happened. I am not an expert but this is what they told me:

If you have one of the older grandfathered internet packages using the old modem, and move to a new address, you can not keep it and must "migrate" to the new Ignite platform.

I thought nothing of it but then when I asked so many questions to the representatives because I'm curious like that it means your old account gets cancelled on the date you request and a NEW account will be created for you, also the account numbers of the NEW ignite accounts are 9 digits long where as the old internet accounts were 12 digit account numbers.

Even though it says cancelled, does your internet work? what I was told is it could mean Pending cancellation, so its not fully cancelled. maybe its different in your case but this was my experience when I moved earlier this year
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation