cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The MyWifi app seems to be able to bypass the cusadmin password

PMoss
I've been here awhile

I had set my cusadmin password to something other than 'password' when I first got the modem a couple of years ago. I installed MyWifi  the other day and it wouldn't connect if I gave it the password I had set. As a last resort, I tried 'password' and it got in. I went back to my modem and tried logging on to cusadmin through the 192.168.0.1 ip address and it would not accept 'password' but if I put in the password I had set a couple of years ago, I get in. It appears that MyWifi doesn't care what the actual password is for the cusadmin id. Any clues?

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: The MyWifi app seems to be able to bypass the cusadmin password

RogersCorey

Greetings @PMoss!

Welcome to our Community!

Have you attempted to factory reset the modem and setting up a new password to see whether or not the issue persists?

If this step doesn't resolve this issue, we may want to escalate a ticket for further investigation. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further if the reset doesn't work. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: The MyWifi app seems to be able to bypass the cusadmin password

PMoss
I've been here awhile

I don't really want to do a factory reset as a couple of people here require it for work and I don't want to take the chance of messing it up for them. Case closed I guess.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation