cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Will Not Launch on Chromecast

kevlar1ca
I've been here awhile
First off Ignite works on all of our devices.
The problem is when we try to cast on the TV using Chromecast. At the beginning everything appears normal. The image of the TV station appears and then it starts to load. However that's as good as it gets. For the next 15 minutes or until Chromecast and or TV time out all that happens is that the loading dots show up on the screen but that's it. It has been like this for almost a week. I have tried rebooting all devices; Iphone, Android phone, chromecast, telivision and the modem but same result each time. This is very frustrating. Would appreciate some help. Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Will Not Launch on Chromecast

kevlar1ca
I've been here awhile
Hi,
Before I tried your suggestion I changed the port that the Chromecast was plugged in to and..VOILA!!..Everything is now working so I guess that it was caused by a problem with my TV. Thanks for your help!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @kevlar1ca 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your inquiry. We can definitely assist you with this. 

• Can you confirm what version of Chromecast you are using? 
  • Is it a built in Chromecast on your TV or is it a separate Chromecast that you plug into the HDMI port on the TV?

If you have not uninstalled and then reinstalled the app on your affected devices please give that a try and let us know if issues are persistent.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

kevlar1ca
I've been here awhile
Hi Roger's Tony,
Thank you for responding.
For the 3rd time now I've uninstalled/ reinstalled the app and the issue still persists. My Chromecast plugs in to the USB port on my TV. Model # G454V.
Thanks
PS: I have a 1st generation Chromecast (Model # NC2-645) installed on another TV and Ignite is working fine.

Hello, @kevlar1ca.

I appreciate you reinstalling Chromecast; it's a good troubleshooting step. Since we know Ignite TV app works with the other TV & Chromecast Gen 2 (NC2-6A5 is Gen 2), let's figure out the root cause of the app not working on the other TV.

Please plug the problematic Chromecast into the TV where the other Chromecast works. What's the outcome? Based on the result, we can proceed further with the next steps.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

kevlar1ca
I've been here awhile
Hi,
Before I tried your suggestion I changed the port that the Chromecast was plugged in to and..VOILA!!..Everything is now working so I guess that it was caused by a problem with my TV. Thanks for your help!!
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation