Ignite TV Mobile App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Mobile App

@wayner92 wrote:

Are there IgniteTV apps that you can run on STBs like Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Xbox, etc that would work the same as having an IgniteTV box at your TVs?

No, not at this time, possibly at some future date.. It's unlikely that you'll get any advance notice regarding this for competitive reasons.

I've Been Around

I downloaded the Ignite TV app but when I go to sign in using my Rogers account (as instructed) I get the following message: “Sorry, the username and/or password entered is not recognized. Please try again.”

I clearly have a Rogers account/pw since that is what I used to use this community forum. The children who work at the physical store location in Bradford told me they couldn’t help at all, and directed me to the on-line chat help which never connected me to an agent. I am fairly appalled with how terrible service with Rogers is now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Please forgive me in advance, but I'm going to ask a silly question (In tech support, silly questions solve a vast majority of problems)..

Are you a Rogers TV subscriber? If so, which version - traditional? Or the new Ignite product?

I've Been Here Awhile

Can't access Ignite TV app at all on any platform.

Some times it says my username/email or password is incorrect yet these credentials get me into MyRogers without issue. If it does finally log in it says I don't have Ignite TV...but I do...I have Ignite Premier.

This is the same for my Ipad, Samsung phone, and as well when I try to access it from the web.

Any ideas? I do have a ticket in and it has been escalated further but still waiting for a reply. It's been over 24hrs.

I'm Here A Lot

Is there a way to set a recording in the mobile App?  I used to have that on Bell Fibe and it saved me a lot of grief.  I was not able to find this easily so I apologize if this is obvious.  I am a newbie with Rogers and noticed that feature was not easy to find.....right away as I was trying to set up my recordings for the first time.  Figured doing it from my ipad would have been faster than doing on the actual TV.   Thanks in advance...

I've Been Around

I  just got the Ignite app and can't figure out how to schedule a recording from the app. That's feature we use the most as we are always forgetting to record. Can you help?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kimmer2 wrote:

Is there a way to set a recording in the mobile App? 

It was possible until a year ago, however, it was deleted because of patent/court cases against Comcast (Ignite used by Rogers) by TiVo.  It may become available again at some future date, but don't hold your breath.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Important-notice-about-the-Rogers-Anyplace-TV-H...

Here's the Anyplace FAQ where this is discussed.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

Hey @Marcus2323,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting. I hope you're enjoying your Ignite services so far other than this hiccup. Being able to enjoy your TV via the Ignite app is a big part of the service so we want to get you up and running ASAP.

When you have a moment, please take a look at your PM. We've answered you! 🙂

RogersTim

I Plan to Stick Around

@wayner92 wrote:

Ignite TV app for Roku, AndroidTV, AppleTV, etc?

Are there IgniteTV apps that you can run on STBs like Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Xbox, etc that would work the same as having an IgniteTV box at your TVs?

I believe that there are Comcast Xfinity apps for some of these devices and isn't IgniteTV the same thing as Comcast's Xfinity?  So it should be pretty easy to do the same thing for IgniteTV - wouldn't it be pretty much just rebranding Xfinity to Ignite?

I know this has been answered that it might be possible in the future to have an app on the Android tv or Apple tv but I'd like to chime in that I too would like to see this in the future.  I just found that I can hook up my laptop via HDMI and cast to tv.  Could not do this with Fibe.  Good for Rogers for allowing this.

Image1 (Small).jpg

I've Been Around

Is there a way to use the Ignite App as a remote to change channels on the actual TV?  Have switched over from Fibe, and found this to be convenient feature when using their app.