cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Home connect app will not login

Jimmy1313
I'm here a lot

The Home Connect app will not log me in. It's just an infinite loop of entering my info and the code that is sent to me. Reinstalling doesn't work, changing the browser that opens to enter the info doesn't work, clearing the cache doesn't work. Very frustrating that I need to even use this app to change certain router settings!!!

Brand new Samsung s23+, android 14 running.

*Labels Added** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Home connect app will not login

Hello, @gilligan53 & @Jimmy1313.

Can you please sign in to the MyRogers app first, then launch the HomeConnect app and sign in? Let's re-link your account if it's still looping back to the login screen. 

I hope you have access to a desktop browser like Chrome. Sign in to MyRogers online at rogers.com/myrogers and Unlink/Link your account. From the Settings/Linked Accounts menu, document your account number and Unlink the account. Link your account back. Please wait about half an hour after linking your account. Now, sign in to the HomeConnect app.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Jimmy1313
I'm here a lot
I just had my wife download the app on her iPhone 12 Pro Max and it ALSO will not log me in. So if this is an account issue and not an app issue, what would the solution be? I clearly have Rogers internet, the router settings send me to the app in order to add Port Forwarding, and it won't let me log in, making the whole process useless.

Greetings @Jimmy1313!

How was the modem originally setup? If you used EasyConnect, it may interfere with your ability to use the app later.

I would recommend factory resetting the modem and then try using the HomeConnect app to set it back up. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've had Rogers internet here for well over a decade, I have zero idea how this modem was initially installed. It was probably just swapped out and set up by a Rogers tech. What happens if I factory reset the modem and I still can't log into the app? It seems bizarre that it would be the reason I am kicked out to the login screen over and over. Does the Home Connect app log into my account, or into the modem? If I'm running the app on 5G and not wifi (which still doesn't make it work btw), I assume it's my account since it does not tell me I need to be on the same network as my modem is.

Well @RogersCorey, I factory reset my modem and now I have no internet, AND the stupid Home Connect app still won't log in. I guess I have to sit on hold for god knows how long because I can't reinitialize the modem through an app or connect to through ethernet on my browser. All because I want to set up port forwarding. And before you ask, I reinstalled, and cleared the cache. Two things I don't need to do with every single other app on my phone in order to use them.

Hi @Jimmy1313! I'm sorry that didn't work...

If you can't gain access through the app, you can using Easy Connect using the following steps:

Connect your computer or device to the Easy Connect network found on the bottom of your Ignite WiFi Gateway.

Wait until the modem light is flashing white for a few seconds. This may take a few minutes.

If the light goes solid white, it may already be setup for WiFi. If you just got the modem, you should factory reset it.

Make sure your laptop, tablet or smartphone has WiFi turned on by checking the Settings or Connection options, or by clicking the WiFi icon.

Alternatively, plug a computer into one of the Ethernet ports on the back and skip the next step.

Check for available WiFi networks and Connect your computer or device to the network name (SSID) and password found on the bottom of your Ignite WiFi Gateway.

Open a browser and go to http://10.0.0.1.

This will load the Easy Connect setup page. Customers can change to French by changing the language in the top right corner.

Click Let’s Get Set Up and follow the prompts.

Regards,

RogersCorey

@RogersCorey the Rogers tech on the phone managed to get everything working again, but even they had a hard time connecting to the modem. I had to physically unplug it twice. Before that, the PC I have hardwired to the modem couldn't find it, nor could I connect through wifi using the modem password on the bottom. Still can't log into the app, though there is apparently a ticket opened for a solution. I'm mostly updating this post in case I'm not the only one having this issue. I guess we will see after Christmas holidays if there is a solution someone can work out...

MazinIsmail
I've been around
Same for me. It is just an infinite login loop.

Hello, @MazinIsmail.

Thank you for joining this discussion; it's not ideal you can't access the HomeConnect app. 

Is this the first time you are trying to access the app? If yes, do you see your Ignite Internet service when logging into your MyRogers app?

• Are you connected to a WiFi or cellular network when accessing the app?
  • Do you have a popup/ad blocker installed on your device?
  • If this is not the first time accessing the app, do you remember enabling the Advanced Security feature?

I couldn't replicate the looping on two Android devices.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@Jimmy1313: I appreciate your continued patience while we work towards a solution. 

I have the exact same looping issue on Android, so it is definitely replicable. 

Am on cell network.

No adblocker

Have not been signed in to the app since original modem setup several months ago

I don't believe I have ever used the app before this, I had to download it and would not have deleted it afterwards, though I have upgraded phones several times since the first installation.

The ticket that was opened turned up useless as they couldn't find an issue...though obviously I'm still having the same issue.

Hello, @gilligan53 & @Jimmy1313.

Can you please sign in to the MyRogers app first, then launch the HomeConnect app and sign in? Let's re-link your account if it's still looping back to the login screen. 

I hope you have access to a desktop browser like Chrome. Sign in to MyRogers online at rogers.com/myrogers and Unlink/Link your account. From the Settings/Linked Accounts menu, document your account number and Unlink the account. Link your account back. Please wait about half an hour after linking your account. Now, sign in to the HomeConnect app.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Alright @RogersMoin, we finally have made some progress!

On my phone, I logged into the regular Rogers app, signed in no issues (as usual). The first page, Usage, gave me no information. It just says "Something went wrong", but it has said that forever. I haven't been able to see my internet usage for years and years. BUT clicking the next page over, Equipment (which btw gives me the same error, as does Package) I am able to click under that to open the Home Connect app. I was able to log in, punch in the code I got sent, and FINALLY not have it loop back. I did not need to access the Rogers site from my computer at all.

Now, the app made me set up the Gateway modem like it was brand new again, but I just used the same wifi name and password and it all worked out fine. As a test, I also logged back out of the Home Connect app, cleared the cache, and deleted it. Redownloaded, cleared the data/cache again, and tried to log in. It didn't even ask me for my name and pass, and just logs back in like nothing was ever wrong, which is interesting.

Anyway, I'm finally able to use the stupid Home Connect app to set up port forwarding, and we will see if it is fixed for good in a few days I guess.

Thanks for your help, and to everyone else for troubleshooting. Hope this thread helps someone else out down the line.

MikEroBrew
I've been around

There are two Andriod HomeConnect apps, both have the same app name and icon but one is red background white image and the other is white background red image.

In the store one is called "Ignite HomeConnect (Wifi Hub)". Infinite login loop problem.

The other "Ignite HomeConnect (Shaw)". This one works for me.

I assume if you came to Rogers from Shaw you need to use the latter. I wasted more time trying to figure this out than I'd care to admit but never saw this mentioned anywhere, so hope it helps someone.

shanmartell
I've been around

Having the exact issue. I downloaded it onto my iphone. I already have a MyRogers account, but trying to log into the app is just this endless frustrating loop. I enter my credentials and and get taken right back to the login screen every time. Come on man!

tmwtl3628
I've been here awhile

So frustrated I got the same issue. I logged into MyRogers app, went through internet->Equipment-> The HomeConnect app Open, which launched the HomeConnect app. Then I entered the login information again in HomeConnect app, getting sent back to the login page of HomeConnect app. Endless loop!

j-innis
I've been here awhile
I have this problem as well. I have tried on 2 iPads a Samsung galaxy and a Google pixel phone. All cause the login loop. I can login and use the service on a PC, but this is inconvenient. Can you help with this?

Hi @shanmartell, @tmwtl3628, & @j-innis,

Thank you all for joining the conversation, and we do apologize to hear that you are having issues accessing the Ignite HomeConnect app. If you have confirmed that you are able to login to your MyRogers account, then can you please try uninstalling the app, reinstalling it, and attempting to login again?

Please let us know if you are still having issues with the app.

Regards

RogersJermaine

Does not work. Still in infanite loop

Ababs
I've been around

I had the same issue.  Followed the advice for the "accepted solution", now it's even worse.  It's now an endless loop of white and black screens with no login options at all.  There seems to be lots of posts on this from December to Tues Mar/ 26.  Surely there's a solution to this by now?

Hello, @suducanada & @Ababs.

I appreciate you both joining this thread; it's disappointing you can't log in to the HomeConnect app. 

Various factors can impact the app login. For the initial setup of the onboarding, the gateway modem must be provisioned and flashing white light for the app to work. If you are a Rogers Together with Shaw user, you must use the HomeConnect (Shaw) app. 

We can investigate the cause of your app login failure and work towards a solution. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. In this blog., we provide more detailed information about our private messaging. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats