Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fairchild Recordings Will Not Play on Ignite TV app

GarfieldTheCat
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Recently, I have this issue.

I noticed that for one channel, namely Fairchild TV, once in a while, recordings could only be played on the Ignite TV app for about 2 minutes or so. I tried it on 2 different Android tablets and 2 different iOS tablets. It happened usually for just one day (if I recorded 3 shows, 3 shows recorded on that channel would have the same problem, recordings from other channel on the same day was fine). And the recordings on the next day would usually be fine! And the shows that didn't worked on the Ignite TV app, worked fine on the Ignite TV box. I recorded shows from Fairchild TV every day. And it happened about 6 days for the last 2 months. I also didn't noticed that I have the same issues with other recordings in other channels, even on the same day. 

Not sure what could be the problem? Any thoughts? 

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Fairchild Recordings Will Not Play on Ignite TV app

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GarfieldTheCat  You need to contact Rogers and have them investigate this issue.

When a show gets recorded, the encoding pipeline generates and stores multiple copies of the recording with different profiles/bitrates.  Your mobile device would (most likely) view a different version than your what set-top box would so, either playback on mobile app aborted (for whatever reason) while viewing the recording or there was a problem during transcoding that resulted in the mobile version of the recording getting truncated.

Do you see any errors when playback stops early?  Do you also see the same problem if you download the recording prior to viewing it on your Android tablet?  Also, if you pause playback, does the timeline show a 2-minute recording or the full length of the program?

Re: Fairchild Recordings Will Not Play on Ignite TV app

GarfieldTheCat
I plan to stick around

It depends if it is on the iOS or Android, but it is along the line of "Something went wrong". I couldn't download the file to watch it offline, I couldn't remembered the exact error message if any. It showed the full length of the program. I can resume the show, but it would stopped again after a while and show the error message.

Thank you!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation