cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XB7 - WAN Aggregation

QPP
I've been around

I have a GT-AX11000 and I am already using the bridge model. I am currently have a 2Gbps internet with the XB7. When I enable WAN Aggregation with my router, the user guide says i need to enable LACP-IEEE 802.3ad on my modem but I can't found it in the 10.0.0.1. And the dual wan load balancing is also not working with this modem. Some one told me that only wan support 2.5Gbps in the modem and all lan just support 1Gbps.It seems that I bought a 2 Gbps internet but could only use 1Gbps.

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: XB7 - WAN Aggregation

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@QPP wrote:

I have a GT-AX11000 and I am already using the bridge model. I am currently have a 2Gbps internet with the XB7. When I enable WAN Aggregation with my router, the user guide says i need to enable LACP-IEEE 802.3ad on my modem but I can't found it in the 10.0.0.1.

This has been asked before in other threads.  As far as I know, the Ignite gateways do not support link aggregation.

And the dual wan load balancing is also not working with this modem. Some one told me that only wan support 2.5Gbps in the modem and all lan just support 1Gbps.It seems that I bought a 2 Gbps internet but could only use 1Gbps.

What Rogers equipment do you currently have installed in your home?  Do you have an XGS-PON FTTH Internet service, with an Ignite XB7 gateway and a Nokia ONT, OR do you have a 2 Gbps DOCSIS cable Internet service (a service that I didn't think Rogers offered anywhere)?  Asking because (I think) you said that you are running your XB7 in Bridge Mode, something that is not possible unless you have a DOCSIS cable internet service.

With the 2.5 Gbps FTTH service, I don't think that any one device/computer will be able to connect at multi-gigabit speeds, not with the Rogers-provided equipment anyway.  If you have a really fast router with a 2.5 GigE (or faster) WAN port and 2.5 GigE (or faster) LAN ports, you could unplug the Ignite Gateway and use your own router in its place.

Yehuda_Chayem
I've been here awhile

I too am experiencing this exact same challenge. After speaking with tech support and escalating to tier 2 and speaking with retention and escalating to the management team it would seem the official answer from Rogers is that the cable internet service running in bridge mode is not capable of delivering speeds greater than 1gbps to your home router, regardless of what you've paid for in your plan. 

I was offered no options other than an acknowledgement. 

@Yehuda_Chayem wrote:

it would seem the official answer from Rogers is that the cable internet service running in bridge mode is not capable of delivering speeds greater than 1gbps to your home router, regardless of what you've paid for in your plan. 

That is not entirely true.  Customers with the 1.5 Gigabit Internet plans qualify to get an XB7 gateway which has a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet LAN port, so you still have the option to connect a router with a 2.5 GigE WAN port.

As far as I know, none of the Rogers modem/gateways (for legacy Internet or Ignite Internet) have ever supported link aggregation.

Yehuda_Chayem
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply, I've heard the same from others as well.

I was provided the XB7 and there is a single ethernet port marked with an orange stripe. However when connecting to capable hardware my results were no better. The answers tech support and retention gave me are what led me here. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation