cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubiquiti Dream machine SE and Bridged XB7 no IPv6 passthrough

ctafts
I plan to stick around

I haven't been able to get IPv6 working on my UDM SE, my XB7 is in bridge mode, IPv6 works fine if I connect my computer directly to the XB7 via ethernet. I haven't had any luck with any of my findings on the interweb and am hoping maybe I'll have some luck here.

I've also tried using different Prefix Delegation Sizes like 56

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 3.10.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-22 at 3.10.50 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ubiquiti Dream machine SE and Bridged XB7 no IPv6 passthrough

ctafts
I plan to stick around

I was able to get it working today with a bit of trial and error. I changed the WAN to IPv6 to static IP and Lan to static and used values from the XB7, it didn't work even though it was passing an IPv6 address. Then I changed the WAN back to Using DHCPv6 and Lan to Prefix Delegation and it just started working. I find it odd as I tried this before but its working now so yay 🙂 

The only difference from my first try was that I used the legacy interface on my UDM SE

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ubiquiti Dream machine SE and Bridged XB7 no IPv6 passthrough

ctafts
I plan to stick around

I was able to get it working today with a bit of trial and error. I changed the WAN to IPv6 to static IP and Lan to static and used values from the XB7, it didn't work even though it was passing an IPv6 address. Then I changed the WAN back to Using DHCPv6 and Lan to Prefix Delegation and it just started working. I find it odd as I tried this before but its working now so yay 🙂 

The only difference from my first try was that I used the legacy interface on my UDM SE

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 in conversation