cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Wi-Fi to 5GHz and 2.4GHz

Pokebuster64
I've been here awhile
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I am using an ignite modem for my Wi-Fi, but it is currently emitting only 1 Wi-Fi signal which is 5GHz when you are close to it, but 2.4GHz when you are far away from it. I heard you can split your Wi-Fi signal to be 2 different signals of different GHz but I'm not sure how you do it. Could anyone help me with this?

Also I am using a ignite Wi-Fi pod to extend my internet and I want to know how I would set that up in a split Wi-Fi network. I've heard some people have had trouble with that so I was wondering if anyone could help me with that too.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Split Wi-Fi to 5GHz and 2.4GHz

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It is my understanding that you need to have band steering enabled if you have pods. If you need to temporarily change it to connect a certain device that is causing you problems, you can do that, but otherwise you need to re-enable band steering.  See the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Not-seeing-2-4G-Wi-Fi/m-p/498074/highlight/true#M7219...

(I'm not an expert at this)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It is my understanding that you need to have band steering enabled if you have pods. If you need to temporarily change it to connect a certain device that is causing you problems, you can do that, but otherwise you need to re-enable band steering.  See the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Not-seeing-2-4G-Wi-Fi/m-p/498074/highlight/true#M7219...

(I'm not an expert at this)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pokebuster64 Unfortunately, when you have Ignite Pods installed, they require that you have band steering enabled and use the same Wi-Fi network name for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

Pokebuster64
I've been here awhile

This was a big help thank you

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation