cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Wi-Fi Speeds After Switching to XB6 w/ Pods

DaddyLuther
I've been around

I recently made the switch from my old white modem to the new ignite modem and even increased my speed package. However, even after installing the included ignite wifi extenders, the wifi is very slow. Its so much slower than what i received before, even with the new modem? Before i had eero beacons so maybe that made a difference. How can i fix this problem?

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Slow Wi-Fi Speeds After Switching to XB6 w/ Pods

RogersHarry

Hello @DaddyLuther

I can understand how it can be frustrating to not see the speeds you were expecting with our Ignite 500.

We'd like to take a look at your service and troubleshoot with you further to see why you are getting slower speeds.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here

Cheers

RogersHarry

Joel1990
I've been here awhile

I have received the new ignite white modem to replace the black xb6 ignite modem, and after setting it up, 1 device is has internet connection problems where pages would barely load and speed tests result in unable to connect to server. The 1 device connects to the gateway and not the pods.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Joel1990 wrote:

I have received the new ignite white modem to replace the black xb6 ignite modem, and after setting it up, 1 device is has internet connection problems where pages would barely load and speed tests result in unable to connect to server. The 1 device connects to the gateway and not the pods.

How is this device connected, by Ethernet or Wi-Fi?  Were you experiencing any problems with your service prior to getting your modem replaced?  The Technicolor XB7 gateway uses the same DOCSIS chipset as the Technicolor XB6, but it has a new Wi-Fi 6 chipset.  If your device is WiFi-connected, it's possible that there might be a compatibility problem with the new hardware.

Gulgowski
I've been around

I was finally able to confirm from the xFi app that the Internet speed to my new XB7 modem is in fact often languishing in the 600 to 800 Mbps range instead of the 1 gigabit speed I am supposed to receive. This, despite being told my multiple agents that everything was fine..

MyFordBenefits.Com

I wish my new set up gave me 600-800 range. They "upgraded" me on Friday and I feel like im back to dial up speeds. Fml.

dmfan
I plan to stick around

I have used the EERO pods with Technicolor XB6 modem before and the speed was great.   Then I went to the Wi-Fi pods and one hop speed maxes out at about 95 mbps for me.  At the far end of the house where connectivity is via 2 hops, it maxes out at around 60 mbps. 

These wi-fi pods are not high performance devices.  They are rated at 200 you will never get that in real life.

dmfan
I plan to stick around

Try testing with Speedtest hosts at different times.  I find that Rogers - Richmond Hill, Rogers - Markham, Rogers - North York and Rogers - Toronto give very different performance numbers at different times.  In my tests, I find that the difference can be 200 mbps.  Crazy right?

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation